Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Technical Support

1GB SIRO speed issue

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Community Manager
Community Manager

Excellent advice from the folks above, thanks.
To weigh in here - there are multiple variables that can affect WiFi speed (as has been stated), some of these are:

Local interference on the bands used for transmission - equipment in the area can heavily affect the frequencies used (even things you may not even think of - microwaves, industrial equipment, etc).
Internal wireless speed - this one has been mentioned above, some machines have a hardware limit on the connection speed, even if the full 1gb is available.

The fact that you're getting great speeds via a wired connection definitely rules out the broadband itself as the issue.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

I see now, so there is not really shape point way since it's quite normal. 

I will try the adaptor that you suggested once. and maybe getting longer Lan cable to connect to my laptop.

it was really nice to have you guys on my post thank you so much ! 

View more options
Poster
Got siro in November and was dissapointed that it was no faster than the fiber i had in practise. When the wireless was speed tested using both speed test and fast.com my speed coukd range from less than 1 mb to over 100mb in the space of a few mins. Ultimately what I found out is that when both 5g and 2.4g are operating under the same ssid some devices can't cope. I ended up purchasing a tp link AC 3150 router which vastly improved my coverage but also struggled when band switching was enabled. To solve this I setup 2 separate networks one for 2.4g and one for 5g. I have 3 devices that operate solely on the 5g and 6 devices working solely on 2.4g. The speed on 2.4g now never goes below 30mbps and is typically around 50mbps. On the 5g I can get up to 510mbps in close proximity to the router but typically 150 - 250mbps in various locations around the house.
View more options
Community Expert
That's what I do with my own WiFi network (connected to a different operator). You've got to play around with settings to suit your own setup.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Community Expert
Yip, I'm with virgin media.
Bought a dlink router to get better wifi, (have the vm router in bridge mode) mainly use the 5ghz as so many wifi networks around on the 2.4ghz so too much interfence on it
View more options
Poster

Yes, I think you are right because I have the same thing problems and the 1 gb SIRO broadband is the worsting to get to be honest and my previous basic broadband is better then this one because my previous basic broadband always stay 100mb always, but not this siro broadband . To be honest, I am really regretted choose to upgraded SIRO, PLEASE EVERYONE, listening to me, do not get the SIRO BROADBAND, IF YOU DO, YOU WILL disappointed like me and it not worth a cent to paying them for something you supposed to get and it didn’t. Worse then ever...

View more options
Poster

And also ,1st I thought it was the modem too far away but then I had contacted Vodafone after 2 days the installation to replace the Gl siro modem back to the hallway that used to be the previous modem area but then again same problem happened, WiFi signal come and go and it sometime said disconnected or no previous WiFi are In range and not even my desktop pc can connect to the WiFi, I think the GB siro MODEM Not able to cope with it so, Vodafone really need to investigating the GB siro modem if it is really the problem... by the way, I am not happy this BG SIRO BROADBAND SERVICE AT ALL honest to god!!!! I am rather stay the basic broadband instead this crappy GB SIRO BROADBAND. Sorry Vodafone, I will never recommended to my friends or anyone for this SIRO BROADBAND. 

View more options
Poster
But I will recommended everyone for the Vodafone basic broadband (etc)..
View more options

Hi there,

In this instance, we'd advise you to speak to our Tech team to see if anything can be done.

They can be contacted on 1907 ( option 2).

Please ensure you have your modem available to test.

Danielle 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up