Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

account transfer affecting my service

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
I've been with BT since 2006, very happy with the service. But I work from home more often now so needed to up my download limit per month to >20GB.
Tried to upgrade through BT but was pushed through to Vodafone. That's was ok.

I signed up with Vodafone on Sept 22nd and the service has deteriorated since then. I was getting download speeds of 300kB/sec up until then. Now I get 40, 50 kB/sec .
Very frustrating, and means that I have to travel the 50miles to work as things take too long at home or the BB drops off and the file is lost part way through download.

Is this just a transition period that I am in until my broadband is switched over to Vodafone?
View more options
3 REPLIES
Moderator (Retired)

I've been with BT since 2006, very happy with the service. But I work from home more often now so needed to up my download limit per month to >20GB.
Tried to upgrade through BT but was pushed through to Vodafone. That's was ok.

I signed up with Vodafone on Sept 22nd and the service has deteriorated since then. I was getting download speeds of 300kB/sec up until then. Now I get 40, 50 kB/sec .
Very frustrating, and means that I have to travel the 50miles to work as things take too long at home or the BB drops off and the file is lost part way through download.

Is this just a transition period that I am in until my broadband is switched over to Vodafone?

Hi margesimpson

Sorry to hear of your slow speeds issue.Can you send me your mobile number by PM and I'll check your profile? Dont worry if you get an undefined message I'll still recieve the message.

In the meantime there are a few things you can try which can help quicken up speeds.The thread can be found here
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Poster
I just got an email this morning informing me that my new modem is on its way, maybe things should improve when I get it up and running.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

I just got an email this morning informing me that my new modem is on its way, maybe things should improve when I get it up and running.

Hi margesimpson

I'm going to check your profile just in case, I've pm'd you.You can check your messages by clicking options beside your name and then Messanger.
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up