Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Which plan to choose and how to proceed with it

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I bought your simm card to use during our three-week holidays in Europe next July and August.  I will use some SNS and talk with my grandchildren on the phone almost every day.  In this case which plan would you recommend us  after I top on an appropriate amount ?

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Expert

Disclaimer - I do not work for Vodafone so the below is my personal optinion and understanding and not an offical answer from Vodafone (who will be back online Monday and can add to this thread then)

You didnt mention if you also require a plan with Internet - i will assume internet is not a priorty here.

If iinternet is not needed - then i would recommend the Chat Extra Plan

This plan includes:

• Unlimited calls to mobiles in Ireland
  • Unlimited Texts to mobiles in Ireland
  • 1GB of data

As you are travelling in Europe, you would be able to make use of this plan to call and text mobiles in Ireland without any additional costs.

To activate this plan on your account - you first need to send a free text message.

The text message should simply say CHAT EXTRA and then you text this to 50222.

Once you receive a confirmation text that this is now set up, you then need to top up the phone by 20 euro in one go (so not 10 and then 10 - it has to be one top up of 20)

Once the top up is done, you will recieve another confirmation text and you are all set.

Be advised you must continue to top up by 20 euro in one go every 28 days to keep this plan active.

Happy to answer any additiona questions you may have on this so fire away Smiley Happy

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster

Thank Digi for your tip.

It will be of great help.

View more options

Hi there,

Thanks for your input Digi!

Just a follow up - can you advise where your grandchildren will be when you're calling them?

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Community Expert

@Liam wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for your input Digi!

Just a follow up - can you advise where your grandchildren will be when you're calling them?

Thanks,

Liam

Whoops - i had assumed Ireland. Kicking myself on that one - Fingers crossed

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up