Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

What time does my IP address change?

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
My connection drops every night for a few minutes at around half past midnight. i'm assuming this is my IP change, but if its not can anyone explain it?
View more options
5 REPLIES
Moderator (Retired)

My connection drops every night for a few minutes at around half past midnight. i'm assuming this is my IP change, but if its not can anyone explain it?

Hi Sean, what connection are you using that drops?
Any maintenance thats required usually happens at this hour so that may be it.

Paul.
Vodafone Community Manager
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi Sean, what connection are you using that drops?
Any maintenance thats required usually happens at this hour so that may be it.

Paul.

hi paul, its wifi. the only wired connection i'm using on the modem is my xbox 360, but i havent tested it with this.
View more options
Poster

hi paul, its wifi. the only wired connection i'm using on the modem is my xbox 360, but i havent tested it with this.

Hi Sean D
Yes it's nothing to worry about.Its just your ip address changing as you thought.

Val
Valerie

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Poster
thanks guys, but something else to add, came home from work and the wife told me that last night she noticed disconnections about once an hour from six to midnight and we've just had another this eve.

any ideas?
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Sean D,

Can you try something for me please?
Use the Ethernet cable to connect & see if the service is dropping & if so take note of the times for me.

Thank you.
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up