Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Vodafone at Home - Waiting/Transfer period

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi,

I am considering switching from Eircom with whom I currently have a telpehone/broadband bundle.

Vodafone at Home FAQs state that it will take a maximum of 10 days to complete the transfer of the telephone line & a maximum of 21 days to complete the activation of broadband.

My question is will there be a seamless transition of service of both telephone and broadband from Eircom to Vodafone?

I previously transferred both telephone & broadband to BT a number of years ago - the phone element went fine but I'm still waiting on broadband! Needless to say I switched back to Eircom immediately

Regards,

Bridgewell
View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

I am considering switching from Eircom with whom I currently have a telpehone/broadband bundle.

Vodafone at Home FAQs state that it will take a maximum of 10 days to complete the transfer of the telephone line & a maximum of 21 days to complete the activation of broadband.

My question is will there be a seamless transition of service of both telephone and broadband from Eircom to Vodafone?

I previously transferred both telephone & broadband to BT a number of years ago - the phone element went fine but I'm still waiting on broadband! Needless to say I switched back to Eircom immediately

Regards,

Bridgewell

Hi Bridgewell

The phone element will take a maximum of 10 days to complete.From the time the phone becomes active, it will take a maximum of 21days for the broadband to become active.
As soon as the broadband becomes active, you would need to call our Data Support team to set up your connection. This only takes a few minuntes.

Thanks
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Poster

Hi Bridgewell

The phone element will take a maximum of 10 days to complete.From the time the phone becomes active, it will take a maximum of 21days for the broadband to become active.
As soon as the broadband becomes active, you would need to call our Data Support team to set up your connection. This only takes a few minuntes.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply

So theoretically if I ordered online tonight my phoneline would be with Vodafone from September 10th at the latest and my broadband would be with Vodafone from October 1st at the latest. Am I correct in this assumption?

In that period do I have continuity of supply? Whether it be with Vodafone or my existing provider, Eircom?

Regards,

Bridgewell
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Bridgewell

Yes those timeframes are correct.

You would have continuity of supply both during and after the transition from one provider to another.

The only break in supply may come if you choose to continue using your current router.

In this case you may need to log into the router configuration page to enter a new username and password after the switchover from your previous provider to Vodafone has completed.

Apart from that your service continues uninterrupted.
Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Poster

The only break in supply may come if you choose to continue using your current router.
In this case you may need to log into the router configuration page to enter a new username and password after the switchover from your previous provider to Vodafone has completed.
Apart from that your service continues uninterrupted.

mmm... My Vodafone modem was delivered today and 1 hour later my current modem stopped working. Had to do a quick change over to the Vodafone modem as I was working from home. How's that for timing? I'd have been rightly peed off if the BB stopped working before the Vodafone modem arrived! :angry:
I wouldn't mind but I'm not even changing service provider, going from BT to Vodafone! :huh:
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
HI Margesimpson

Did you get the new modem set up ok ?
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up