Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Switching from BT 24mb unlimited bundle to VF

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hi,

I'm currently on the BT 24mb unlimited bundle, although my home phone only supports speeds up to 3mb - I pay the extra to avail of an unlimited download capacity.

I can see that VF does not currently offer an unlimited download option, but the 7mb, 60gb pacakage should work just as well.

When I enquired to VF about the possibility of moving across early I was told that, as my line only supported 3mb, I could only avail of the VF 3mb packages (and their associated 30gb download limits!)

This seems strange, can I get confirmation if this is true?
Also, what will happen to my service if I wait for natural migration in March - will I be forced onto a lesser offering?

Thanks

Paul
View more options
11 REPLIES 11
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

I'm currently on the BT 24mb unlimited bundle, although my home phone only supports speeds up to 3mb - I pay the extra to avail of an unlimited download capacity.

I can see that VF does not currently offer an unlimited download option, but the 7mb, 60gb pacakage should work just as well.

When I enquired to VF about the possibility of moving across early I was told that, as my line only supported 3mb, I could only avail of the VF 3mb packages (and their associated 30gb download limits!)

Also, what will happen to my service if I wait for natural migration in March - will I be forced onto a lesser offering?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul

I'll double check this and get back to you,

In the meantime if anybody has any questions check out the FAQ's
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Poster
Hi,

It's a week later and I was wondering was any more discovered about this scenario?

Thanks

Paul B
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

It's a week later and I was wondering was any more discovered about this scenario?

Thanks

Paul B

Hi Paul

Looking into it as we speak.....

Sorry for delay
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Thanks

Paul B

Hi Paul

We'll have an update for you on Monday B)
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul

If your line only supports 3mb you would only be able to avail of the 3mb VAH bundles, the download allowance for which is 30gb.There are plans to offer the opportunity to purchase an additional 30gb download capacity for €3.99 per month, this will be available from the end of this week.

As you are an existing BT customer, you will be moved to a BT VAH package in due course. Your broadband speed will not be reduced. We will be communicating with customers individually to confirm the details of the package they're moving to, and the benefits of this.

You can find more info on the Vodafone At Home service here

Hope this helps

Thanks
View more options
Poster
Thanks for coming back Paul - This workaround (the additional 3.99 per month per 30gb download) would work fine, and still quite good value for money too.

I'm eager to avail of the inclusive landline to VF calls that moving across would give me, is it possible to request to be moved over early as opposed to waiting for due course (with my luck i will literally be the last customer moved!!)

Thanks for looking into and answering the original query.
View more options
Poster
I'm in the same boat as paul,

I have the top speed bband from BT, but i only get 7.6mb download. Now switching to VF my download limits will be reduced from unlimited ( if fact a limited 100GB a month) to the new 60GB a month on the 7.6mb package, which is a pain in the ***.

This add on of 3.99 for 30 gigs extra, is this stackable, so i could buy an extra 60 or 90 gigs a month? Do you get a discount for buying multiples?

Thanks
Brian
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for coming back Paul - This workaround (the additional 3.99 per month per 30gb download) would work fine, and still quite good value for money too.

I'm eager to avail of the inclusive landline to VF calls that moving across would give me, is it possible to request to be moved over early as opposed to waiting for due course (with my luck i will literally be the last customer moved!!)

Thanks for looking into and answering the original query.

If you want to move to a standard Vodafone package you can call our sales team as the FAQ mention here BT move FAQ
Please note though , that BT user on high speed profiles will need to wait for the move to start to be able to avail for the same service. The transfer will be seamless and end user will have nothing to do.
In your particular case, since your line is actually only capable of 3Mb, you can if you want move to a Vodafone standard package. One thing to note though, you will have a downtime during your transfer, the voice will take up to 10 days to move over and the broadband up to 21 days after that. On the other hand if you wait for the BT to Vodafone move to start there would be no downtime.
Jaf,
Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Community Expert

Hi PaulThere are plans to offer the opportunity to purchase an additional 30gb download capacity for €3.99 per month, this will be available from the end of this week.

Pretty good idea - well done Vodafone - Ive a few friends that will be delighted to hear

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster

If you want to move to a standard Vodafone package you can call our sales team as the FAQ mention here BT move FAQ
Please note though , that BT user on high speed profiles will need to wait for the move to start to be able to avail for the same service. The transfer will be seamless and end user will have nothing to do.
In your particular case, since your line is actually only capable of 3Mb, you can if you want move to a Vodafone standard package. One thing to note though, you will have a downtime during your transfer, the voice will take up to 10 days to move over and the broadband up to 21 days after that. On the other hand if you wait for the BT to Vodafone move to start there would be no downtime.

Thanks Jaf, I'll have a think about what I want to do in that instance, at least 31 days without internet is going to be hard to do - thanks for coming back so quickly by the way.

Regards,

Paul
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

at least 31 days without internet is going to be hard to do .

Regards,

Paul

Hi Poldebruin,

I just looked at this thread & wanted to advise you on the quote above there are No 31 day down time when you switch service providers.
Your service will remain through out & pass over.
If there is any down time at all it would be to have the Vodafone Username and Password entered into your modem to reconfig it's settings.
We can advise how this is done for you. Just wanted you to know this. B)
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up