Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Switched to Vodafone

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Hello, I have previously been on Eircom on a 1mb deal because I am too far from the exchange. I had 1024 down / 128 up. I had my line tested by Vodafone, and they said my line could take 1.5mb and they were glad to say that Vodafone could offer 1.5mb/256 upload, if i signed up for a 3mb package on vodafone.

I was pretty delighted, because currently at 128 upload I cannot play CSSmiley Frustrated on 100 tick, which I know, probably doesn't mean much to most people but simply but, terrible for gaming. Eircom told me that they could not do 1.5mb. Long story short, I am finally on Vodafone since yesterday. I got sync'd up, and I was connected at 2048/256, which I knew from previous experience(was with 2mb ages ago with Eircom) that my line would drop and come back again a lot, and as you can imagine it's not the best for gaming during a match, etc. I tried it out for a bit, ping seemed alright, but just as I knew it drop after 30 minutes, and again and again.. I ring Vodafone, explain the situation and ask them to put it on 1.5/ 256 like they said they could, and I got told that it was no problem, and it would be sorted out, and then rang back later to let me know that it was done. I checked my router, and found that I was connected at 1024/128. I tried it for a bit, ping was horrible(300-400 on a UK based server....), there was no dropping as it was with Eircom. However, I rang Vodafone back and got talking to a different person, explained situation again, and got told she wasn't sure if that was possible. I explained that it was the main reason for switching, and as it was late she was going to let me know tomorrow after she found out. So at the moment, I am pretty ****** off. A worse service than Eircom, which I thought wasn't possible.

Now to think that I'm stuck on a 12 month contract with this.

Can I get some help, please?
View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Ramey,

I can help. PM me your land line number & your Mobile number. I will have your line tested tomorrow 08/10/09 during business hours of 9/5 and I will have you contacted at a time that suits you with the results of what the line is capable of & what speeds you can expect to get if that's ok with you.
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Poster
Hello, thanks for the fast reply. It's saying you can't receive any more messages? (I sent one, and not sure if you got it because I got a message box saying "undefined" after sending.)

Thanks
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Ramey,

It will say "undefined" when you try to send a PM but we do get them.

I will have it checked out for you tomorrow as promised & I will have you contacted as well.
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
View more options
Poster
Okay, thanks. I'll be in college from 10-5 but i have 2 hours off at 12 - 2, then ive got college from 2-5 once again. Thanks for your help
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Leave it with me & I will contact you at the times that suit you.
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
View more options
Poster

Leave it with me & I will contact you at the times that suit you.

Cheers
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up