Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Switched from BT 3MB, sync speed is incorrect

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
I recently switched from a BT 3MB plan to Vodafone At Home up to 3mb Off-Peak, but for some reason my line has been syncing at 2048/256 instead of 3072/384 as it did previously. I've resynced multiple times to double check, but I continue to sync at 2MB. I'm guessing I've been put on the wrong speed profile and I was wondering if someone could take a look into it. Since Home Broadband users can't currently register to post here, I've used another mobile number to sign up. If someone can PM me I can give them the landline number and Vodafone account number for the account I'm referring to. Thanks!
View more options
18 REPLIES
Moderator (Retired)

I recently switched from a BT 3MB plan to Vodafone At Home up to 3mb Off-Peak, but for some reason my line has been syncing at 2048/256 instead of 3072/384 as it did previously. I've resynced multiple times to double check, but I continue to sync at 2MB. I'm guessing I've been put on the wrong speed profile and I was wondering if someone could take a look into it. Since Home Broadband users can't currently register to post here, I've used another mobile number to sign up. If someone can PM me I can give them the landline number and Vodafone account number for the account I'm referring to. Thanks!

Hi Jason,

If you could PM your landline number to 'PMC from Vodafone' he'll be able to sort this out :D.

Cheers.

Nick.
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
View more options
Poster
Will do, thanks!

Hi Jason,

If you could PM your landline number to 'PMC from Vodafone' he'll be able to sort this out :D .

Cheers.

Nick.
Vodafone View Team.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Will do, thanks!

Hi Jason

Just PM'd you back
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Poster

Hi Jason

Just PM'd you back

Hmm, I don't seem to have any new messages in my PM inbox.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hmm, I don't seem to have any new messages in my PM inbox.

Hi Jason

PMC had a look at your profile and made a small change. Can you also try these few things to see if they make a difference:
https://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/939-vodafone-at-home-speed/

You will see a slight improvement but the synch speeds you are getting will be the synch speeds you will get long term.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
View more options
Poster

Hi Jason

PMC had a look at your profile and made a small change. Can you also try these few things to see if they make a difference:
https://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/939-vodafone-at-home-speed/

You will see a slight improvement but the synch speeds you are getting will be the synch speeds you will get long term.

I realise my line is kind of long , but 80% of the time I could sync at 3072 back when I was with BT. Ultimately speed matters more to me than stability, since I rarely play games or use VoIP stuff. Anyway thanks, I'll re-sync and take a look this evening!
View more options
Poster
Hello again. I've just checked and yeah, syncing is still stuck at 2048/256. Latency, interleaving etc. isn't the issue, the sync speed is. I don't mean to be a pain but I'd really like to see this issue resolved. A 33% reduction in speed for the same bitstream product after taking the time to transfer to Vodafone doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Is there another tier of support that someone could perhaps raise this issue with? You support guys have been very helpful and this isn't any reflection on you, I'd just like to get the same service and product that I paid for. And if that isn't possible then I guess I've made a huge mistake in transferring :(

I realise my line is kind of long, but 80% of the time I could sync at 3072 back when I was with BT. Ultimately speed matters more to me than stability, since I rarely play games or use VoIP stuff. Anyway thanks, I'll re-sync and take a look this evening!
View more options
Poster

Hello again. I've just checked and yeah, syncing is still stuck at 2048/256. Latency, interleaving etc. isn't the issue, the sync speed is. I don't mean to be a pain but I'd really like to see this issue resolved. A 33% reduction in speed for the same bitstream product after taking the time to transfer to Vodafone doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Is there another tier of support that someone could perhaps raise this issue with? You support guys have been very helpful and this isn't any reflection on you, I'd just like to get the same service and product that I paid for. And if that isn't possible then I guess I've made a huge mistake in transferring :(

The radio silence is slightly unnerving. I guess you folks are busy.
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

The radio silence is slightly unnerving. I guess you folks are busy.

Hi Jason,
We've just doublechecked the line from here.
It appears you're definitely on the right profile for the line, any higher and you risk a loss of service.
When you were with your previous provider, what speed were you getting in terms of speed test results?
Although you may have been on a 3mb profile, it may not make a difference to your actual speed.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi Jason,
We've just doublechecked the line from here.
It appears you're definitely on the right profile for the line, any higher and you risk a loss of service.
When you were with your previous provider, what speed were you getting in terms of speed test results?
Although you may have been on a 3mb profile, it may not make a difference to your actual speed.

Thanks!

Previously, 80% of the time my line maintained a sync at 3072/384, with downloads usually hovering around 320KB/sec. Occasionally the connection could drop (maybe once in a 24 hour period) and resync at a slightly lower speed (almost always >= 2600 though). The occasional drop never really bothered me, since speed is all I ever really cared about. Hope this helps.
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Previously, 80% of the time my line maintained a sync at 3072/384, with downloads usually hovering around 320KB/sec. Occasionally the connection could drop (maybe once in a 24 hour period) and resync at a slightly lower speed (almost always >= 2600 though). The occasional drop never really bothered me, since speed is all I ever really cared about. Hope this helps.

Hi Jason,
when you test your speed now, via something like www.speedtest.net , what results do you get?

Thanks!
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Since it's synced at 2MB and not 3MB, I get these results:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/593147363.png
View more options
Poster
So, are you guys going to bump my profile back to 3MB? Two weeks at 2MB now.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Jason Madigan

Can you PM me your landline number please and I'll check into it?

Thanks
Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Poster

Hi Jason Madigan

Can you PM me your landline number please and I'll check into it?

Thanks

I would but it looks like your PM inbox is full :)
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

I would but it looks like your PM inbox is full :)

I've cleared some room now. Do you mind trying again?

Thanks
Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Poster

I've cleared some room now. Do you mind trying again?

Thanks

Sent.
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sent.

Hi Jason,
We've checked, and your line can handle roughly 2.5mbps at maximum. We don't have a way of putting you on a profile higher than your line can support, just equal or lower. The 2mbps profile is the closest we can get to the maximum, and from your speedtest result, you are getting very close to this.
This should be very close, if not identical to the speeds you were getting from your previous provider.
Although your sync speed may have been 3mbps, the physical limitations of the line would have reduced this to around 2mbps in actuality, giving approximately the same performance as you have now.

Thanks!
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up