Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Recieving emails

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Pod
Poster
Hi,just a simple query as i have transfered from ice broadband & i can recieve my emails but not send any but do'nt know what to put in the outgoing mail server box?? is it just mail.vodafone.ie???
View more options
3 REPLIES
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,just a simple query as i have transfered from ice broadband & i can recieve my emails but not send any but do'nt know what to put in the outgoing mail server box?? is it just mail.vodapnone.ie???

Hi Pod

Yes thats correct, the outgoing mail server(may be listed as outgoing SMTP) is mail.vodafone.ie

You should be able to keep all others details on your mail account the same

Hope this helps
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
View more options
Poster
Hi I am a vodafone agent in Limerick.
We moven our broadband to vodafone recently.

I am having problems sending and receiving emails, the preoblem is I cannot.
Stupidly I tried to sort the problem but only made it worse.

I am getting
"

The server responded with an error. Account: 'Work', Server: 'mail.vodafone.ie', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 213.233.128.65 (213.233.128.65:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 "

when I try and send/receive

Any help would be great
Stephen
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Stephen,

Uncheck all the current settings you have (ex:-pop3 server settings, ssl settings etc.,)

Close your Outlook.

Reopen Outlook and turn all the settings back on.
The above steps refreshes your email settings. These steps should ideally take care of the problem.

If these don't then, here's how to ensure you have proper email settings.

From your Outlook tool bar, click Tools -> Accounts.

Click on the email account you have issue with.

Click Properties.

Check:
Incoming pop3 server name. pop.vodafone.ie if using Vodafone email account
outgoing smtp server name. mail.vodafone.ie When using Vodafone DSL service
Log On using secure password authentication is unchecked.
Account requires authentication is checked.

If you have no luck with the above steps then, delete the email account and profile and set it up again:

To set up Outlook Express with your user name and password in your ISP's account, you need to create an account in Outlook Express to download and send emails.
Open Outlook Express by double-clicking Outlook Express icon on your desktop.

Click on Tools in the menu bar and then go to Accounts.

The Internet Accounts pop-up window appears.

Click on the Mail tab. If you are starting Outlook Express for the first time, there would not be any email accounts listed on this window.

To add a new mail account, click Add > Mail.

Internet Connection Wizard pop-up windows will appear.

On the Your Name page of the wizard enter your name in the Display name field as you would like it to appear on your outgoing e-mail messages.

Click Next to continue.

The Internet Connection Wizard will now ask for your email address.

Type in your full e-mail address on the Internet E-mail Address screen.

Click Next to continue.

In the next window, you need to feed in three important bits of information - the incoming and outgoing email servers and the type of the incoming email server.
On the E-mail Server Names screen, select POP3 from the drop down list.

In the space provided below Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server; pop.vodafone.ie if using Vodafone email account

Type in smtp.xpress.com as your Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: mail.vodafone.ie When using Vodafone DSL service

Click Next to continue.

The last information that you need to enter to complete the setup of the new account is the user name and password for that email account.

So, on the Internet Mail Logon screen, type in the ISP user name in the field titled Account name:

Check the box Remember password if you want OE to remember your password.
Note: If you're concerned about break-ins to your e-mail, un-check this box. You'll then be prompted for the password each time you send or retrieve mail.

Click Next.

Congratulations, you have now set up Outlook Express as your e-mail program.

Click Finish.
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up