Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

PS3 Connection

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
I have just switched from Eircom to Vodafone and am having trouble with the PS3 console connection - it just won't happen. Having been told before I switched that nothing would change that the broadband/internet connection would be the same - I am not happy. We rang customer care and got no help whatsoever. We were told they could not help. Having also had to wait considerable time to receive the modem, to say we are dissatisfied with the service is the understatement of the year. Eircom wasn't perfect but at least it worked! :angry:
View more options
7 REPLIES 7
Moderator (Retired)

I have just switched from Eircom to Vodafone and am having trouble with the PS3 console connection - it just won't happen. Having been told before I switched that nothing would change that the broadband/internet connection would be the same - I am not happy. We rang customer care and got no help whatsoever. We were told they could not help. Having also had to wait considerable time to receive the modem, to say we are dissatisfied with the service is the understatement of the year. Eircom wasn't perfect but at least it worked! :angry:

Hey Trixie,

If you got a new modem that means you have a new WEP key for accessing the internet. In this case you need to go to 'Network Connections' in 'Settings', click 'Wireless Network', then click 'Automatic', choose ' Scan Automatically'. This will then display the wireless networks in range choose the Vodafone connection. You'll then be prompted to enter your WEP key which is on the back of your modem. It will then test your connection and confirm it's successful. Let me know if that works :D.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
View more options
Poster
i have done this and still does not work it is telling me that the internet is timed out so any help on this would be nice please :angry:
View more options
Community Expert

i have done this and still does not work it is telling me that the internet is timed out so any help on this would be nice please

Is your actual internet working though (on a PC or laptop)
If it is then this is not a fault with the service you are receiving but something you have set incorrectly on your PS3.

Is the actual error "the internet is timed out "?
If not can you please provide the exact error?

Does it obtain your IP address Ok?
What DNS is it using?

Wired or wireless?

Go to Internet Connection Settings and select Test Connection.

What do you get for the following?

Obtain IP Address :
Internet Connection:
PLAYSTATION Network:
UPnP:
NAT Type:

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster
you will have to explain them
View more options
Community Expert

you will have to explain them

You will have to be more specific

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

i have done this and still does not work it is telling me that the internet is timed out so any help on this would be nice please :angry:

Hi Trixie,

Does the internet work on your laptop or PC?
Is it just your PS3 that cannot connect to the net?
Vodafone Community Manager
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
View more options
Frequent Poster
Did you recieve a new router when you changed over to VF? A friend of mine had similar problems, he could surf the net and he could login to the Playstation network but when it came to joining online games it simply would not work. It only happened with certain games, everything we tried failed, portforwarding, turning off the firewall altogether, etc, the only thing that worked was to change the router. 3 out 4 routers we tried would not work, the one that worked was a netgear but one that would not work was also a netgear Smiley Frustrated

I would suggest using your old modem/router (as that one worked) with VF settings.
If you agree with this post click the "+" sign, if you disagree click the "-", a comment would be appreciated also!
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up