Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

New vodafone router is awful

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
Well I got my new Vodafone router today and its not the one I was expecting. From what I read I Vodafone offered its customers the Bewan router, today I received a zYxel router instead.

The zYxel is awful, the upnp does not work even though I ticked all 3 boxes on the advanced tab in the router, it still fails on my ps3 when I try to enable upnp( something I need for a better nat type). I switched off the firewall and still the upnp does not work.

There is also NO! preset settings for PS3 or anything for that matter everything must be added manually, I can still use my PS3 online with this router but it still connects with Nat Type 3(something I do not want).

So does Vodafone give support for this modem/router?? so I can have a proper connection for my PS3 online gaming??, what are my options here?.
View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Poster
Not 1 reply in the last 3 days, I think I'll have to call tech support instead.........
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Not 1 reply in the last 3 days, I think I'll have to call tech support instead.........

Hi Om3ga,
The system requirements for the Vodafone at Home service are a Windows PC or Mac, while we do our best to help out for other connection types, we may not be able to give you the answers you need. Your best bet would be to check a port forwarding site or Sony to get additional assistance for your console.
The Data support team would also be unable to help out in this case as well, as we don't have information on these connection types. We'll certainly make sure that your PC is connecting and that you get the best speeds we can supply.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Not the answer I was hoping for, Eircom used to say exact same thing. Portforarding doesnt work as I have 7000 ports already open on my Netopia router(not using that awful zYxel), and it does nothing. Can I return the zYxel router and get a Bewan router instead??, I thought I was getting Bewan router anyway, the zYxel I got is worse than the Netopia router and thats bad.
View more options
Poster
I gave up on the Zyxel modem after a few days and went back to the Netopia one. Zyxel modem just doesn't work consistently.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Not the answer I was hoping for, Eircom used to say exact same thing. Portforarding doesnt work as I have 7000 ports already open on my Netopia router(not using that awful zYxel), and it does nothing. Can I return the zYxel router and get a Bewan router instead??, I thought I was getting Bewan router anyway, the zYxel I got is worse than the Netopia router and thats bad.

Hi Margesimpson / om3ga,

I'm looking into the Bewans for you, you both have PM.

Paul.
Vodafone Community Manager
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
View more options
Poster
I got your pm paul thanks for informing me.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up