Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

New Vodafone broadband customer

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Frequent Poster

Hi,

A friend of mine has moved into a new house on Saturday and she wants to get broadband. I placed an order of the Simply Broadband package for her a few days ago online.

She got a phone call today and now there is confusion. She is told that there is already an existing account on that address and she needs to complete a Change of Ownership Form. Later she was told she also needs a document confirming her address and a Customer Application Form.

Could you confirm what has to be done and maybe provide links to relevant documents here so that I can forward everything to her. Im just thinking about the change of ownership form, will the form ask for current/existing customer details? If so, how can my friend know details about a person who lived in this house before her and had a Vodafone broadband account.

I have been added as a nominated contact on her account to speak on her behalf and can provide account information if required.

Thanks

View more options
1 REPLY 1

Hi there,

If there is an existing account set up at the address and you would like to have this service transferred over to your name. You would be required to complete our transfer of ownership form and our new application form.

This process can be found by following this link,

Scroll down to "Manage your account"

Go to "How do I change the name or transfer ownership of a landline?".

Go to "What is transfer of ownership?"

If section 4a of the transfer of ownership form could not be completed due to the absence of the previous customer, please attach documentation such as a copy of tenancy/lease agreement, a landlords declaration of tenancy, an owners certificate or other documentation to indicate that you are resident at the service address.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up