Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Missing Payment

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi Vodafone

A slip of the mouse and a stupid drop-down list system in online banking, meant I paid "Vodafone" instead of "Visa". It's a sizeable sum and it has left my bank account and gone to you guys. I've spoken to your Customer Services and they told me to send a screenshot "to missingpayments.ie" by which I think they meant send an email to "missingpayments.ie@vodafone.com". 

I did this last week and have NOT had a message received or any form of reply. I need this payment reversed ASAP so I can, in fact, pay my Visa. I don't believe the Vodafone account the payment went into is current. I think it's some legacy account from forever ago.

Please help!

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
Community Expert
You should be able to request your bank to reverse the payment.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in our reply. We're sorry to hear this has happened.

As Cookie advised, please request a reversal of the payment with your bank. Apologies that you weren't advised of this previously.

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Nope. They told me it'd gone through and to talk to you guys.

View more options
Community Expert
They told you wrong. SEPA specifically allows for payment reversals:

https://help.bankline.ulsterbank.ie/help/other_services/sepaddo/eur_dd_reversal
https://www.sepadirectdebits.ie/direct-debit-software/about-sepa/for-the-creditor

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Thanks Cookie. I've chased them up and been told:

Because it's a Bill Payment, not a Direct Debit, it doesn't come under the SEPA legislation. Anyway, they are trying to chase the bank details of the account it went into to go at it that way.

In the meantime, still NO REPLY from Vodafone to my email. Not happy.

View more options
Community Expert
Mods should come back to assist soon.
Cookie
View more options
Community Manager

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear this happened.

Can you send a private message with your number, address & DOB and a link to this thread so we can take a look?

- Aoife

View more options
Poster

Sent!

View more options
Poster

I sent a Private Message 11 days ago, immediately after requested to do so, and it's still Unread. 

Can I have another address to send it to please? I have the exact bank details the money was paid into and there's no reason why it can't be refunded ASAP.

View more options
Poster
And it's SORTED!!!
Massive shout out to Aoife from Vodafone who achieved what Phone and Email support could not. YAY! Back in funds. Happy days.
: )
View more options
Community Manager

Excellent! Thanks so much for posting to let us know Smiley Happy

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up