Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
From 04.04.19 to 29.04.19 responses may be delayed. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Home move

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
I sent an email to homemove.ie@vodafone.com on Dec 20, 2018. One week later I received a reply saying that Vodafone does not have my Direct Debit bank details. I provided these details and asked homemove.ie@vodafone.com to give me a date to transfer my Broadband to my new address. No reply.

I'm disappointed and anxious being left in the dark by Vodafone: I must complete my move in 2 weeks time and I still have 6 months left on my Broadband contract. Can I just terminate the contract and if yes will there be penalties and how much. Thanks to whoever can answer!
View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Community Expert

Mods wont be back until tomorrow to help. You could try live chat. To use live chat click support at the top of this page then choose the servuce you need supprot with (bill or pre pay. etc..). Click CHAT icon that pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the next screen.

If you did terminate the contract early then you would be required to pay for the remaining contract (normal monthly cost multiplied by the remaining months in your contract).

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Hi there,

The home move team are currently experiencing a large volume of requests. We've been advised that the minimum turnaround time for a response is 10 working days.

Unfortunately, this is the only way the team can be contacted.

If you cancel your current account while in contract you will incur termination fees. This would be calculated by the amount of months left in your plan multiplied by your rental fee ( plan cost).

Danielle 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Thanks for your reply. In the meantime I managed to contact someone via live chat and was told that the move should be carried out latest 28 days after first email contact, which will be 25/01 in my case. After this date I'll be free from the contract and can use another supplier.
View more options

Hi there,

I am glad to hear you've since spoken to our Live Chat team but I am not quite clear on your last message.

If you cancel your premises move and you were in contract on your original contract you would be liable for term fees.

Danielle 

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
View more options
Poster
No I'm not planning to cancel my contract. However the contract T&Cs stipulate that Vodafone must transfer my Broadband to the new house within 28 days after my first request. If Vodafone fail to meet this timeline, then (as per T&Cs) I'll be free to terminate the contract without penalty. That's what Vodafone chat rep told me, and I recorded the conversation.
View more options
Poster
I don’t believe in this 10 working days! I never heard anything from them and I requested since nov27! Nearly two months now, if I didn’t call the 1907 then I wouldn’t know anything! I’m sorry but why should they take money from us when we’re not using the service! Disappointed in vodafone big time!
View more options
Poster

Hi there, did they send u this in email? I’ve been waiting since nov 27 2018! I’ve been on to the customer service and all they’re saying is they’re preparing my house for the move! 

View more options
Highlighted
Poster
No it wasn't an email but a phone conversation. In the "moving home" support help section, it is mentioned that the move may "take up to 28 days". For me this deadline will be 26/01. If my Broadband is not transferred by this date then I'll cancel my contract and post (on this forum) how things went...
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up