Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Closure of Vodafone Community 21.06.19 At Vodafone we are constantly reviewing the methods customers can interact with us. Our social channels have evolved and as such we will no longer support the Vodafone Community as of 21.06.19 Our platforms to contact us are • Live Chat https://n.vodafone.ie/support.html by selecting your service type & clicking on the chat pop up • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneireland/ • Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneireland We would like to thank everyone that has contributed over the years
Close announcement

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Help!

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

i tried to change supplier for fixed line and broadband to vodafone but 1907 would not help or let me do this as i do not have a vodafone mobile. I tried chat and it was unavailable. I tried callback and still no call back. I am not allowed to make a complaint as the complaints process says i have not talked to 1907 first and got a reference number.

Is there any way to call vodafone from outside ireland, as the 18.. numbers and 1907 do not work?

I eventually found a chat and was given a number. But then when calling it i could not get through as i could not enter my vodafone mobile.

And is there anyway to make a complaint about vodafone not letting you call them in order to make a complaint. and is there any way to get fixed line and broadband without having a vodafone mobile?

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
Community Expert

You have to be resident in Ireland to sign up. Why are you trying to sign up from abroad?

Connection to the Services shall be conditional on:

you having and maintaining a credit rating satisfactory to Vodafone and providing Vodafone with such financial security as it reasonably requires;

you providing valid proof of identity/address and such evidence of residency in Ireland as Vodafone may require;

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/fixed.html

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

The person is resident in Ireland.  I assume some people have to travel for work or medical and would like the same priviliges as other fee paying customers. Does anyone have a reply as to (1)  whether this is possible to have contact with a phone company if one of the household is sometimes outside Ireland (as that would mean a lot less roaming) and (2) whether you have to have a vodafone mobile to sign up for fixed line and broadband

View more options
Community Expert

@unhappy999 wrote:

The person is resident in Ireland.  I assume some people have to travel for work or medical and would like the same priviliges as other fee paying customers. Does anyone have a reply as to (1)  whether this is possible to have contact with a phone company if one of the household is sometimes outside Ireland (as that would mean a lot less roaming) and (2) whether you have to have a vodafone mobile to sign up for fixed line and broadband

1 - Yes, with the account holders consent, a contact could be added to the account - being outside the country sometimes wouldnt matter - but the account holder would have to authorize this with Vodafone. 

But at the same time - the way you have worded this is odd - 

@unhappy999 wrote:

whether this is possible to have contact with a phone company if one of the household is sometimes outside Ireland (as that would mean a lot less roaming)

What do you mean about a lot less roaming and having content with a phone company in general? (assuming my above assumption was incorrect)

2 - A mobile number is not needed for fixed line services - but just like with the first point, you cannot open this yourself in someone elses name unless you intend to be the named account holder. If you are trying to open in someone elses name, they will have to do this themselves - i am sure you can imagine why it is companies do not allow third parties to open accounts on behalf of others.

You can call Vodafone on +35312038232 when abroad - took literally 2 seconds on google so not sure why you want to complain about not being able to contact Google from abroad when not only is that not true, but the information is freely available for anyone that takes the time to look for it.

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Poster

I tied to open an account in my name in Ireland, where i am resident as an account holder. After two weeks of attempting this with no success (1907, 1800...., chat and callback) I unfortunately had to travel at short notice outside Ireland for a few days. I wanted to continue making progress getting a fixed line and broadband so tried the international numbers given by chat and what i found online. But was put on hold and prompted for my mobile, and then disconneted so many times as my mobile wasn't valid. I don't want to get a mobile service from Vodafone, I just want fixed line and broadband I would like some help.

The rest of my household who are not going to be the account holders but are in Ireland, are impatient to get the fixed line and broadband, so thats why I would like to make some progress now, rather than have to wait till I am back. Really did I need to explain all this background to you so you would be polite and helpfull please ?

The replies seem to suggest neither people who travel outside Ireland and their families who remain in Ireland should not be able to use any phone services during that time period the named account holder is away, even if within an existing contract, not just for new contracts. I am sure thats not what Vodafone provides as then there would be no roaming and no house alarms on fixed lines every time an account holder went abroad, nevermind no broandband if one accout holder went away leaving the rest of the family at home.

Polite helpful replies only please.

View more options
Poster

Here is yet another person who could not talk to anyone from Vodafone when abroad on +353-12038232.  And tried to use Community for help. Luckily this person didn't get a rude reply from someone who was wrong. Hope they got the issue sorted.

Poster
‎03-11-2018 03:27 PM

Trying to contact Vodafone to get my number reinstated as not used it in over a year as in Australia and coming home.

I tried  +353-12038232 but needed to add my mobile number which it doesn't recognise so can't get to speak to anyone.

Any suggestions please.

Robbie

View more options
Community Expert

@unhappy999 wrote:

I tied to open an account in my name in Ireland, where i am resident as an account holder. After two weeks of attempting this with no success (1907, 1800...., chat and callback)

So just so everyone is clear - you have been calling 1907, 1800... and been using chat to sign up for broadband and have had no success.

And you have had no success purely becuase you do not have a mobile number with Vodafone?

Staff members have actually told you that? Notes from the calls and chat logs will show this right?

Important we understand why exactly the support staff were unable to help you.

And then, when continuing to chase this up after you headed off on your travels, every interaction you had with each support person you were connected to resulted in them hanging up on you?

@unhappy999 wrote:

Really did I need to explain all this background to you so you would be polite and helpfull please ?

Not at all - i certainly didn't ask for the background - I answered both questions you put forward did i not?

Point 1 was addressed as best i could based on how you worded it which quite frankly made little sense in terms of signing up for broadband.

@unhappy999 wrote:

whether this is possible to have contact with a phone company if one of the household is sometimes outside Ireland (as that would mean a lot less roaming)

You needed only to clarify that you would be the account holder and reside in Ireland. 

As for being polite and helpful - not sure why you think i am not being polite or helpful - doing the best i can with the information you are providing.

@unhappy999 wrote:

The replies seem to suggest neither people who travel outside Ireland and their families who remain in Ireland should not be able to use any phone services during that time period the named account holder is away, even if within an existing contract, not just for new contracts.

Which part of my replies suggest that exactly?

People travel all over the world every day of the week. People take holidays etc are not refused contracts because they cross the border. 

I beleive if you actually take the time to read what i wrote you might notice i was referring to you being a contact on a contract but not the account holder, because you had not actually said you intended to be the account holder - and if anything had confused this with

@unhappy999 wrote:

The person is resident in Ireland.

The person - ie...not you is how i read this. Again i can only proide information based on the information you provide.

@unhappy999 wrote:

I am sure thats not what Vodafone provides as then there would be no roaming and no house alarms on fixed lines every time an account holder went abroad, nevermind no broandband if one accout holder went away leaving the rest of the family at home.

I am also sure that is not what Vodafone provides - that just wouldn't make any sense - nor is it anything i said to begin with.

@unhappy999 wrote: 

Polite helpful replies only please.

I chuckled a little at this one.

I must try this tatic and sign my posts with "please provide the inofrmation needed to actually assist you" on mine and see waht happens.

So - lets go back to your original questions with this additional informaiton

@unhappy999 wrote:

1.  Yes, if you reside in Ireland you can sign up for Fixed line services. This was covered in a post above by Cookie, who advised you need to reside in Ireland, to which you replied that you do reside in Ireland.

2. As in my previous post, no, you do not need to have a Vodafone Mobile number to sign up for fixed line servies. 

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Highlighted
Community Expert

@unhappy999 wrote:

Here is yet another person who could not talk to anyone from Vodafone when abroad on +353-12038232. 

Did you try that number?

I did just now from a non-vodafone mobile.

First i was given two optioons - Mobile or Broadband

I selected 2 for broadband - it then asked me to enter the home phone number i wanted to query - not Vodafone Mobile number.

It added, if i do not know the phone number, i can enter an account number if i am a customer - again not Vofafone mobile number.

So what happens once you enter your home phone number? Does it tell you that you need to be a Vodafone mobile customer to continue?

Other than that - Vodafone do not really seem to cater to people from other countries calling to sign up for Broadband, because, well, its for residents of Ireland. 

This doesnt mean people who travel cannot be customers, more that they tend to already be customers before they leave.

I wouldnt imagine too many people head off to travel and then decide to enter into a broadband contract with Vodafone while they are still away. Would you not agree?

If you were an existing customer out of the country then you could just use your account number  or landline number to get through those prompts. 

@unhappy999 wrote:

Luckily this person didn't get a rude reply from someone who was wrong. 

That wasn't very polite.

What happened to

@unhappy999 wrote: Polite helpful replies only please

2 - Where was i wrong? That number does not once ask for a Vodafone Mobile number as you keep saying so if anything you were wrong.

You seem to think i am rude for asking you to actually clarify what you are saying. Sorry you feel that way but these are questions you need to be able to answer.

I assume you have gone to the site and tried to sign up

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/broadband.html

If you were receiving any errors or issues when doing this, then that is the sort of stuff you want to be posting up here. 

It will speed up any troubleshooting the Support Staff here might have to do. 

If you have not tried to sign up online, then give it a shot and see how you get on and report back.

Support staff here on the forums will be able to help troubleshoot when they are back online.

All the best

Digi

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up