Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Hard Drive Seen But Inaccessible

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
i have the bewan modem and have plugged in two unpowered 8GB usb stick type drives and both are seen in "connected equipment" and "hard disk" but when i try to do the same with my 500Gb powered drive it is seen/shown in connected equipment as a hard disk but is not shown in the hard drives list.

is there an issue with the modem recognising certain drives or is it the file format that is not compatible? the usb sticks are FAT32 but the larger powered drive is NTFS.
i have tried to connect using all the usb ports on the modem but no result., i am using three different os on three different machines, XP on netbook, windows7 on laptop and vista on desktop.

if anyone has any ideas or help with this i will be eternally gratefull
View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Poster
thanks for the reply but it will have to wait as my modem died this evening and i rang support and was on hold only for the call to be terminated at 8 as they were finished, poor show from vodafone for a new customer i have to say i expect a bit more than this!

about the modem it has no lights showing at all now and seemed to have been powering down all day. can someone here get in touch to arrange getting it replaced if ye have any left?
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

thanks for the reply but it will have to wait as my modem died this evening and i rang support and was on hold only for the call to be terminated at 8 as they were finished, poor show from vodafone for a new customer i have to say i expect a bit more than this!

about the modem it has no lights showing at all now and seemed to have been powering down all day. can someone here get in touch to arrange getting it replaced if ye have any left?

Hi Fergal,
I've sent you a private message regarding this.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
hi again DataDaz i got thew new modem yesterday and even though i had asked to hold on for the bewan modem i have been sent the zyxel one and from other posts about it here it is not really up to the task and i have not even bothered opening the box..i can return both at any time and will still wait for the much better bewan modem if that is still an option? what should i do now?
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

hi again DataDaz i got thew new modem yesterday and even though i had asked to hold on for the bewan modem i have been sent the zyxel one and from other posts about it here it is not really up to the task and i have not even bothered opening the box..i can return both at any time and will still wait for the much better bewan modem if that is still an option? what should i do now?

Hi Fergal,

I've sent you a PM.

Paul.
Vodafone Community Manager
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up