Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Can't Get my old Landline Number back

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi, In October I moved away from Vodafone for both Broadband and my home telephone. The cancellation went smoothly with no issues or so I thought. I joined SKY because of the deal they were offering at the time. When I joined SKY they could not transfer my telephone number as my landline had gone dead ( Vodafone were using VOIP with over a year). The landline had to be re-activated with Eir and then I was issued with a new landline number. On October 12th just gone, I was sent a text message from Vodafone informing me that all services at my address had now ceased. It was then that I contacted SKY to request a 'Number Port' to get my old number back which was not an issue and they started the process to do that. To date I have not got my old number back, SKY do not know what the issue is but said that the number is currently on hold with Eir. SKY have not been given a genuine reason as to why I cannot get my old number back which I was using in October. Another SKY operator told me a few weeks ago that if a number has not been used in 13 months then the it cannot be got back. He was not sure if this meant the landline or the number its self.

Can Vodafone check your records and ensure that you have released my old number and let Eir know that it is available. I am really annoyed about this especially as Vodafone never informed me about the consequences in their letter in the summer of 2016 about enabling VOIP by plugging the telephone cable into the back of the modem.

You can PM me and I will give you my details.

Thanks,

Declan

View more options
3 REPLIES

Hi Declan,

Apologies for the delay in responding, the best thing to do here would be to contact our Vodafone at Home team directly on 1907 where they can investigate the status of your landline number.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi,

I want you to find out what is happening with the request to get my old phone number back? I am in work right now and do not have time to to ring 1907 and be put on hold.

As per Ashling's reply on 19-12-2017, I rang 1907 on 31-12-2017 around 1pm and spoke to someone. I explained my situation to her and she checked my account. She informed me that everything with my account had been cancelled. I again insisted that she would double check that my old phone number had been released as SKY had told me that the problem was with Eir or Vodafone. Eventually she told me that when I cancelled, the phone number was VOIP and should have been changed over to a regular land line before I cancelled and that nothing could be done. I told her that I remember telling the cancellation person in October that I will want to port over my number to SKY. 

Eventually after getting a bit annoyed with her and being put on hold a couple of more times, she told me that I would have to rejoin Vodafone to reactivate my account and then they would change over the VOIP number to a real landline number and cancel my account again without charging me. She said this could take up to 2 week and probably 3 weeks. She also told me that she would ring me back within 30 minutes that day, but it never happened. It has now been 4 weeks and I have not heard anything since. 

Have you ever heard the saying 'Put things back the way you found them'? The onus was on Vodafone to switch back my phone number to a land line without be asked otherwise everyone who leaves Vodafone will lose their phone number.

I can give you my Vodafone account number and details when you request them.

Thanks,

Declan

View more options

Hi Declan,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I can see that a manager has since been in contact with you in relation to this issue. As this issue has already been escalated, I will leave this with our Vodafone at Home team to avoid any confusion.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up