Support:

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

Search in Community:
Poster

Broadband is being disconnected for 100's times a day

Hi,
Hi

I've been having problems with my home broadband connection since 27.07.2010.. If frequently disconnects - like 30-40 times a day and even more, then will connect . I've been on to technical support and customer caremany times with no joy. Whats I've done so far....

1) Set and reset my routermany many times.

2) reset and Entered all the configuration settings into my router both at the request of technical support and by myself.

3) Tried several routers with the same result.

4) Purchased a new router which I was told was compatible with Vodafone Broadband.

5) Updated the firmware on my router.

6) HAd vodafone do a line test .

7) HAd vodafone do another line test, log a fault and have it checked by engineers.

8) had all the phone wiring checked in my house.

9)Had bought new dsl filter and splitter although none of them should be used with this modem (I was told both things during the call do tech)

None of this has worked so far. I still get disconnects.

I have called customer care, their techincians. I have done everything what they asked me to do . I spent 80 euros - new router, new filters and spliters, new wiring. And nothing. They promise to check it every time I call them and give me a ring back but they never do. I have send them tones of emails - they already stopped answering on them. Last time they tried to convince me that I came from BT and my line is owned by BT and therfore I have problems - but it isn't true. When I had similar problems on April they have send me an eircom technician to fix it.

Funny thing - when I was wirting this post I was disconnected 3 times..........
I already decided - I am moving back to eircom - forget the price but at least the connection will be more stable. I hope........
In the mean time I will send a formal complaint to vodafone offices, Commission for Communications Regulation and Director of Consumer Affairs. Propably it won't help me at all but when I spent already 80 euros - 1,65 for three letters won't make a difference to me......

mkiggy
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

Re:Broadband is being disconnected for 100's times a day

when you pick up the phone do you hear a crackle or a perfect dial tone ?

my line was constantly disconnecting too, but eircom came the day after i reported the issue and they fixed it (they own the lines so its them who do the work NOT Vodafone)

since then the line has been perfect.. the Vodafone router however was a pile of junk. i am now using a netgear ...
Message 2 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

when you pick up the phone do you hear a crackle or a perfect dial tone ?

my line was constantly disconnecting too, but eircom came the day after i reported the issue and they fixed it (they own the lines so its them who do the work NOT Vodafone)

since then the line has been perfect.. the Vodafone router however was a pile of junk. i am now using a netgear ...

I had a technician from eircom in my home in May, he was fixing the line because I had similar problem. Right now it is the next time already, and they - vodafone - are telling me that they have to contact bt and their technician............

People working there simply don't know what they are doing there.........
Message 3 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

I see nobody from Vodafone even tried to help me with this issue.
Others get at least some answers.
Message 4 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

I see I made a very good decission.
What a pity that there is a cooling of period - just in case I would change my mind. Not a chance - I am being ignored by vodafone people, service isn't better at all (as they promised me week ago - this is a joke), today I was disconnected already 7 times (since 8 am...) I won't say what results I am getting doing test for download and upload speed and ping because they are incredible.Incredible bad.......So bad that I am shame of them.
good luck vodafone.......
Message 5 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Topics: 41
Kudos: 518
Solutions: 488

I see I made a very good decission.
What a pity that there is a cooling of period - just in case I would change my mind. Not a chance - I am being ignored by vodafone people, service isn't better at all (as they promised me week ago - this is a joke), today I was disconnected already 7 times (since 8 am...) I won't say what results I am getting doing test for download and upload speed and ping because they are incredible.Incredible bad.......So bad that I am shame of them.
good luck vodafone.......

Hi there,
Apologies for not coming back to you as quickly as we'd like.
Could you email over your landline number via the link in my signature please?
We'll take a look at the stats and the reason for the disconnections.

Thanks very much.
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 6 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

Hi there,
Apologies for not coming back to you as quickly as we'd like.
Could you email over your landline number via the link in my signature please?
We'll take a look at the stats and the reason for the disconnections.

Thanks very much.

PM sent. Awaiting any update.
Message 7 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Valued Poster

http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/4778-broadband-connection-problems/

hi Vodafone guys please look at the link to the other thread . this problem seems to be happening with so many people. What is the story with this problem?
I'm having it too and I'm so suprised how many are in the same boat as me. I've sent you my details by email to DataDaz.

please help us. This eve is really bad. Its off for the last few hours. Having to use my mobile as a modem.

chimo
Message 8 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

I am trying to place a post for last 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I turned on laptop at 8 - now at 9.15 I am connected but since 8 I was on maybe for 20 minutes - rest of the time router tried to establish a connection. THIS IS A JOKE !!!!
Will anybody take care finally of this issue?
Message 9 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

9:20 - disconnected again
Message 10 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

9:32 - another time
Message 11 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

9:43 - once again...........
Message 12 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

10:03 - AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT'S THE **** IS GOING ON ?????????????
Right now when I am writing this post at 10:06 again !!!!!!!!!!
It isn't funny anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can I study or work online with such a service provided?????????????????????

Who will pay ma a wage if I won't finish my job on time??

10:08 again........................

oh, vodafone guys it isn't going to finish nice to you......................
Message 13 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

10;12
10:20
10:24

so let's count
for last hour - 10 disconnections.........
multiply it by 8 hours daily (only 8 hours, it should be more) by a computer makes 80 disconnections, average every 6 minutes........
wonderful service !!!!!!!!!!
great work environment for working or studying online !!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Clearwire was better when I had 4 years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Message 14 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

dude, call 1907 and talk to tech support .. they will raise a fault with eircom to investigate...
Message 15 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

dude, call 1907 and talk to tech support .. they will raise a fault with eircom to investigate...

yeah right
they actually dont know what they are doing as well
every time I call them - they are telling me to check something else, to change something else but it stil doesn't help
Like I wrote couple days ago they even tried to convince me that I was a BT customer and therefore I have an issue with the broadband as the line belongs to them as wellit is all ******
so please don't give me advices that won't help anyway
Message 16 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

1 pm
updates - 0, null, zero, nada..........
problems - still the same - every 10 minutes broadband is gone

after silbergoth gave me an advice I called 1907
and I talked to one of their technician
he told me to observe the led lights on modem and give them a shout next time broadband is gone so they can check what is going on.....

pathetic.............
Message 17 of 37 (21,897 Views)

1 pm
updates - 0, null, zero, nada..........
problems - still the same - every 10 minutes broadband is gone

after silbergoth gave me an advice I called 1907
and I talked to one of their technician
he told me to observe the led lights on modem and give them a shout next time broadband is gone so they can check what is going on.....

pathetic.............

Hiya,
Right, I've done some work on the connection for you, so it should be more stable.
Secondly, you may need to work through the steps here to make sure that everything is set up correctly.

Please also take a quick look at the terms of the forum , we appreciate that this is a frustrating issue, but bypassing the profanity filter and spamming posts will lead to warnings and possible suspension of posting ability.
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 18 of 37 (21,897 Views)
Poster

Please also take a quick look at the terms of the forum, we appreciate that this is a frustrating issue, but bypassing the profanity filter and spamming posts will lead to warnings and possible suspension of posting ability.

Bypassing profanity filter - ok I can calm down with that. Sorry my fault.
Spamming posts - I do not agree with that. Show me where I was posting the spam. I was only sending you info about disconnections from the broadband thea I was experiencing. And info to other users about the updates that I am getting or not from you so they can know what level of customer service you are giving to us.Do you think it is more frustrating then reading my posts about it? If so, then you can give me as many warnings as you want straight away. You can even suspend me the posting ability right now. Because I am not going to stop it. And I will post further infos about disconnections and updates given by CS Team Vodafone.
regards,
mkiggy
Message 19 of 37 (21,897 Views)

I was doing those steps already for at least ten times and always the outcome was the same - or no better service or improved just a little bit for a short period of time. And I would like this issue to be sorted out finally and completely. Because only then I can get any credit from you for a time when services weren't working properly.
But ok let it be - if it will make you happy I can do it all once again. But I am 100% sure that even if there will be improvement it wil last only for 3-4 days. The same happend last Tuesday - I was talking to one of customer care guys. He did something and it improved my broadband..... till Saturday. Since yesterday it is going absolutely crazy.

Bypassing profanity filter - ok I can calm down with that. Sorry my fault.
Spamming posts - I do not agree with that. Show me where I was posting the spam. I was only sending you info about disconnections from the broadband thea I was experiencing. And info to other users about the updates that I am getting or not from you so they can know what level of customer service you are giving to us.Do you think it is more frustrating then reading my posts about it? If so, then you can give me as many warnings as you want straight away. You can even suspend me the posting ability right now. Because I am not going to stop it. And I will post further infos about disconnections and updates given by CS Team Vodafone.
regards,
mkiggy

Hiya,
The steps you've listed in your first post omit several of those listed in the troubleshooting guide, if you're currently set up with only the router plugged in unfiltered to the main drop point and everything else unplugged, we'll skip those.

Multiple posts that can be condensed into one are considered spam, it hinders our ability to address your issue, and may lead to us missing something. If you feel there's something we should know, just post once, with a log of disconnections etc, and this will make things much easier to work with.

Notwithstanding the above, how is your connection acting now? Having been keeping an eye on it, I've not seen a single disconnection for the last hour or so after performing the fix here.
Message 20 of 37 (21,897 Views)