Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

BT to Vodafone Connection Problem

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

JD
Poster
Hi,

I've rang vodafone on three separate occasions and I've been told that I would get a call back and I'm still waiting for one! So I thought I'd try here.

My problem is that I'm getting intermittent broadband when its working I'm getting good speeds and ping time, tested though speedtest.net. But more often that not I'm not able to connect. It worked perfectly yesterday (19-Oct) up until 6 pm and I couldn't even get a slow connection after that. Again I checked this morning and it was working (with good speeds) I recorded these settings from my netopia modem:

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin: 9.53dB 17dB
Line Attenuation: 44.33dB 30dB
Output Power: 17.92dB 11.97dB

There was also 130 ADSL startup attempts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon
View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Poster
Hi JD
I know I didn't have the same problem as you but my BB was woeful slow when I transferred to Vodafone.
DataDaz was a help when he post this solution for me:

Preferred DNS Server: 89.19.64.164
Alternate DNS Server: 89.19.64.36

See thread here

My off peak BB speed has increased significantly since I made the changes . My peak BB is still somewhat slower then when I was with BT but it's quite usable. I also stopped using the Vodafone supplied router and went back to the Netopia one also. :)
View more options
JD
Poster
Hi Marge,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work for me!

Jon
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marge,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work for me!

Jon

Hi Jon,
Could you let us know whether you are using the wireless connection when this happens?
Could you also PM your landline number to John from Vodafone, who is looking after the forum, we can then make sure that you're getting the best service possible.

Thanks!

P.S Thanks very much for the feedback, Marge, glad I could help.
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
JD
Poster
Hi,

No, I've a netopia modem and a wireless router connected from that. The problem persists even when the modem is connected directly to my computer. I'll PM John now.

{EDIT] He cannot accept anymore message, inbox must be full. Can I send it on to you?

Thanks,

Jon
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up