Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Fixed Service Packages & Plans

BT to Vodafone - Broadband Only Available?

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster
I have a received a letter advising that I will be moving to Vodafone at some stage.

However, I only have broadband from BT, not line rental etc. Having looked at the FAQ, there is no indication that there is a broadband only package available.

Am I going to be forced to change to one of the current Vodafone packages? Or will I be remaining with BT?

Alternatively, there was a suggestion that if I do move to Vodafone, a broadband only deal will cost €21 per month, but I can't find any reference to that in the FAQ.

Can you confirm what options are available to me please?

Thanks

HJ
View more options
8 REPLIES
Poster

I have a received a letter advising that I will be moving to Vodafone at some stage.

However, I only have broadband from BT, not line rental etc. Having looked at the FAQ, there is no indication that there is a broadband only package available.

Am I going to be forced to change to one of the current Vodafone packages? Or will I be remaining with BT?

Alternatively, there was a suggestion that if I do move to Vodafone, a broadband only deal will cost €21 per month, but I can't find any reference to that in the FAQ.

Can you confirm what options are available to me please?

Thanks

HJ

Hi Hew Jaz
Do you mean you dont have a landline at all or is the line rental with some other provider besides BT?

Val
Valerie

Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
View more options
Poster

Hi Hew Jaz
Do you mean you dont have a landline at all or is the line rental with some other provider besides BT?

Val

Hi Val

I do have a landline, but the rental is with another provider other than BT, so it's just the broadband that I have with them (BT).

Thanks,

HJ
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Val

I do have a landline, but the rental is with another provider other than BT, so it's just the broadband that I have with them (BT).

Thanks,

HJ

Hi Hew Jaz,

What is option are you on with BT?
Your pricing will stay the same (should actually decrease based on your option.) If you let me know what option you're on I'll confirm for you.

Paul.
Vodafone Community Manager
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi Hew Jaz,

What is option are you on with BT?
Your pricing will stay the same (should actually decrease based on your option.) If you let me know what option you're on I'll confirm for you.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I'm on the 3MB broadband only package - Option 2. I'm just trying to confirm that the same 3MB broadband only package will be available with Vodafone, and the cost of it.

According to the letter, the cost will reduce. Separately it has been indicated that it will be in the region of €21 /month. But as I mentioned, I can't find that information in the FAQ.

Thanks

HJ
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi HJ,

Thats it exactly - 3MB broadband only package - Option 2 will be €21 per month.

Hope that answers your query.
Let me know if you've any questions let us know.

Paul.
Vodafone Community Manager
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
Click here for our Service Charter.
If I've requested details via a Private Message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, unrequested PMs may not be answered.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Hew Jaz,

I have sent you a PM in relation to this. B)
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
View more options
Poster
Thanks Paul & Gazz for the quick replies.

Gazz, thanks for the PM - I tried to reply, but I get a message saying you can't receive any new message.

€21 is less than I'm paying at the moment, and so is attractive. But... how long might I be left on the same (higher) tariff after the change over?

Have you any idea how it will take to put the facility in place to reduce my bill? Presumably I'm not going to be the only customer who will be expecting reduced bills...? Should the facility not be in place prior to the change over?

If it was going to be an additional number of months, then it would not be such an attractive option.

The letter does state that I will get better value for money no matter what package I'm on at the moment. But that wouldn't be the case if it takes time to introduce the facility to reduce my bill.....

Thanks

HJ
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Hew Jaz,

I will be clearing me inbox today thank you for the notice.

We don't have full confirmation on these questions but when we get the info we will update you.

Thanks
Gazz

Vodafone View team.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up