Support:

Email & Messaging

Search in Community:
Poster

Vodafone Mail-cannot connect to server

I'm receiving the following messing when trying download my Vodafone mail using Thunderbird this morning:

'Sending of usernamer did not suceed. Mail server pop.vodafone.ie responded: could not connect to server'.

I am then prompted to enter my password which just brings up the same message. I tried using Vodafone webmail and received a similar message:

'Could not connect to the specified mail server. Please check your account settings'

I haven't changed any of my account settings and am wondering when you expect this issue to be resolved.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (4,121 Views)
Poster

Re: Vodafone Mail-cannot connect to server

I am having a similar problem with my mail account. I cant access it on Iphone4 because i keep getting error message 'the username or password for vodafone is incorrect' - neither have been changed. I then tried to log on to the vodafone website to check my mail and it accepts the username and password and allows me to get as far as the mail but then tells me that it cannot connect to the server......is there a problem with vodafone mail today??

Message 2 of 5 (4,109 Views)
Topics: 23
Kudos: 441
Solutions: 329

[ Edited ]

Hiya,

There are some issues with the email service at the moment, the techs are working on a fix at present.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 3 of 5 (4,102 Views)
Poster

Are there still problems with mail today?

Message 4 of 5 (4,083 Views)
Topics: 23
Kudos: 441
Solutions: 329

Afraid so, the ticket is still open for this issue.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 5 of 5 (4,079 Views)