Support:

Email & Messaging

Search in Community:
Poster
Ciaranoc

Vodafone Mail and Outlook

A couple of months ago I set up Outlook 2010 to view emails sent to my @vodafone.ie account. Since last week my old emails are no longer available to view when I access the email through the vodafone website.
Is this something that can be changed so that I can access my emails online when I dont have access to Outlook or is it a case that the emails can only be viewed either online or in Outlook and not by both?
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 5 (6,139 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

Re:Vodafone Mail and Outlook

A couple of months ago I set up Outlook 2010 to view emails sent to my @vodafone.ie account. Since last week my old emails are no longer available to view when I access the email through the vodafone website.
Is this something that can be changed so that I can access my emails online when I dont have access to Outlook or is it a case that the emails can only be viewed either online or in Outlook and not by both?

Hi Ciaranoc

There should be an option in Outlook to leave a copy of the mail on the server, so you can view the mails on both outlook and directly from source (Vodafone mail).

I'm not 100% sure how to do this on the 2010 version, I'll see if I can find out!
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 2 of 5 (6,139 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

Could you give this a try?

Run your Microsoft Outlook, then click “File>Account Settings>Account Settings…”.
In Account Settings window, choose the account you want to set, then choose “Change…” and click “More Settings…”.
After dialogue box of Internet E-mail Settings appearing, choose “Advanced” tab.
Mark check box “Leave a copy of messages on the server’ in Delivery option.
After that, click “OK” and click “Next”>”Finish”>”Close”
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 3 of 5 (6,139 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Ciaranoc

Thanks for the help, that should sort out the problem.
Message 4 of 5 (6,139 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

Thanks for the help, that should sort out the problem.

No problem
Message 5 of 5 (6,139 Views)
Please use plain text.