Search in Community:
Poster
mulibwanje

Vodafone E-mail

Today I tried to open my inbox, but it said can't connect to the requested server, or something like that, and that I should try to check my account settings. How do I do check my account settings? What page do I start on?
C
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 8 (7,630 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Re:Vodafone E-mail

Today I tried to open my inbox, but it said can't connect to the requested server, or something like that, and that I should try to check my account settings. How do I do check my account settings? What page do I start on?
C

Hi C,

Have you been able to access the mailbox before? Are you getting a specific error code?

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 2 of 8 (7,630 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
mulibwanje

Hi C,

Have you been able to access the mailbox before? Are you getting a specific error code?

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.

Hi Nick. Yes, I've always been able to access my mailbox before, it's never, ever been a problem until now. And no, it can't be my laptop, for I get the same reply via other computers. Here's the exact words: "Could not connect to the specified mail server. Please check your account settings." It appears where the list of e-mails normally appears. What is this specified mail server? How do I check my account settings? Please look into this asap.. Chris
Message 3 of 8 (7,630 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Hi Nick. Yes, I've always been able to access my mailbox before, it's never, ever been a problem until now. And no, it can't be my laptop, for I get the same reply via other computers. Here's the exact words: "Could not connect to the specified mail server. Please check your account settings." It appears where the list of e-mails normally appears. What is this specified mail server? How do I check my account settings? Please look into this asap.. Chris

Hiya,
It sounds like your Vodafone mailbox might be full - could you email over your details to , and we'll request some temporary extra space for you, so you can clear our anything taking up room.

Thanks,
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 4 of 8 (7,630 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
CraigS2

Having awful problems myself. Had an email I've been using for a month now for work emails (vodafone). I bought a sim pack just to get the vodafone email address. Have lost the sim card, never was going to use it just needed the email for work. Anyway I get that you can't do anything for me seeing as though I don't have the sim/number to hand but the more worrying thing is that my email account may have been compromised.

My password has been changed somehow, as whenever I try login through Mozilla Thunderbird it says pop.vodafone.ie replied: password required. When I try refresh them on my phone it says incorrect username/password. As I said, I haven't touched the account settings at all so the only conclusion I can come to is that my email has been hacked in to. I'm using a different sim/number to login on here obviously to try create a different email but I'm getting an error code every time (I'm aware there's a problem at the moment on that end) but is there anything you can do to help me retrieve that old email address?

Will PM the details to a mod if and when they reply. Thanks.

Oh it was set up on the 27th of September if that helps?
Message 5 of 8 (7,630 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
bazzz

I'm also having problems getting into my mail account today.I've always been able to access it no problem from my iPhone or via My Vodafone Mobile through my PC.I can't imagine my mail box being full.I really need access to it today.

EDIT: Now I can't log back in to My Vodafone Mobile Account!!
I'm getting this error message:
(UNIQUE_ERROR_CODE : DBRyTnDcnQXGgT4GdQppvghQHjWf85pfQWzMkmLWD48pRWzmB8p2!1072757961!-1836302288!1319568188667)

EDIT No.2 :smileysurprised:k I logged back in and I'm now getting this error message while trying to view my email.:
Sorry an error has occurred, please try again later (ME-VFM-03)

(UNIQUE_ERROR_CODE : y4k0TnLG1YlRjYfTV643y3L1T8n2dyyGbnV9NhMvnySnq5GDGps8!558610320!1072757961!1319569508741)
Message 6 of 8 (7,630 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
bazzz

Ok so I just spoke to customer support on the fone.They told me there is an ongoing issue with the email login and the tech support team are looking into it.But they have no time frame when this will be rectified.This is really what I don't need right now!
Message 7 of 8 (7,630 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
bazzz

Well it looks like the issue is resolved.In the last hour I've started to see my emails roll in.
Message 8 of 8 (7,630 Views)
Please use plain text.