Support:

Email & Messaging

Search in Community:
Poster
John Corkery

Unable to retrieve MMS messages

Hi.

I cannot retrieve MMS messages sent to me. I get a text notification on my LG KU990 phone, and when I click the "retrieve" button the phone works away for a few seconds and then I get the "Service Unavailable" message every time. I had the Vodafone website send the MMS settings for my phone to me and I installed them and restarted the phone but I still get this error.

I'm puzzled how this happened as I received MMS messages correctly back at the start of the year on the same phone.

Can anyone help me figure out why I cannot correctly retrieve these messages?

John
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (9,727 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

Re:Unable to retrieve MMS messages

Hi.

I cannot retrieve MMS messages sent to me. I get a text notification on my LG KU990 phone, and when I click the "retrieve" button the phone works away for a few seconds and then I get the "Service Unavailable" message every time. I had the Vodafone website send the MMS settings for my phone to me and I installed them and restarted the phone but I still get this error.

I'm puzzled how this happened as I received MMS messages correctly back at the start of the year on the same phone.

Can anyone help me figure out why I cannot correctly retrieve these messages?

John

Hi John

I've sent out some MMS settings to you OTA,

It may ask for a pin, if it does just enter 1234 and the settings will save automatically. Can you let me know if you receive them?
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 2 of 4 (9,727 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
John Corkery

Hi John

I've sent out some MMS settings to you OTA,

It may ask for a pin, if it does just enter 1234 and the settings will save automatically. Can you let me know if you receive them?

Hi.

Thanks for the updated settings. I installed them, and powered the phone off and on again.

The messages I had been trying to retrieve previously still cannot be retrieved. However, as a test I took a picture and attached it to an MMS and sent it to myself. Instead of just getting the picture already in place in the message as I used to, I got a notification of the message. I clicked on the retrieve button and it successfully retrieved the image.

I think this issue is fixed for future messages, though I still can't retrieve the older MMS messages. Is it possible this is an issue where the fix cannot apply retroactively?
Message 3 of 4 (9,727 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

Hi.

Thanks for the updated settings. I installed them, and powered the phone off and on again.

The messages I had been trying to retrieve previously still cannot be retrieved. However, as a test I took a picture and attached it to an MMS and sent it to myself. Instead of just getting the picture already in place in the message as I used to, I got a notification of the message. I clicked on the retrieve button and it successfully retrieved the image.

I think this issue is fixed for future messages, though I still can't retrieve the older MMS messages. Is it possible this is an issue where the fix cannot apply retroactively?

Glad to hear it it John :)

Unfortunately not, the fix applied will only work for future messages. You may need the senders to re-send the messages in order to be able to view them.

Thanks
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 4 of 4 (9,727 Views)
Please use plain text.