Search in Community:
Frequent Poster
PConneen

Stop Wap Push

I have a vodafone smartphone, and have been getting wap push messages regarding games. I do not want to get these messages as they cost me money, and I never use them. However, there is no "STOP" option on the text. The last text read - WAP PUSH: Doodle IQ Challenge URL: http://wap.cm.nl/a9c5ed75/DoodleIQChallenge.content

I've tried to use my computer to go to this link , and it does not work. I've used the link on my phone, and it comes up with a webpage - http://dlserver.selatra.com/D.jad?s=7L9HFP4I5IEQ9L2N . The page says, "The game/application does not exist for your phone type. Please contact customer support for assistance."

Please help me stop these WAP Pushes.

Thanks
Patty
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 28 (10,779 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
PConneen

Re:Stop Wap Push

I still have not had a resolve on this issue.

I've called the customer support line, and was told by Achmed that he would contact me back regarding my issue. That was over a week ago, and I still haven't heard anything back.

Could someone please inform me of how I can stop these WAP Push messages so that I am no longer charged any more money for useless texts?!
Message 2 of 28 (10,779 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Colm

I still have not had a resolve on this issue.

I've called the customer support line, and was told by Achmed that he would contact me back regarding my issue. That was over a week ago, and I still haven't heard anything back.

Could someone please inform me of how I can stop these WAP Push messages so that I am no longer charged any more money for useless texts?!

Hi PConeen,

What number are you receiving these messages from?

Thanks
Colm
I am no longer a forum moderator.
If you have any issues please contact Daz or Paul
Message 3 of 28 (10,780 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
PConneen

Hi PConeen,

What number are you receiving these messages from?

Thanks
Colm

When I go to call the number, it comes up at 86323663, but it is not a valid number. I actually just received another 6 messages in 1 minute at 2.27pm today.
The first message comes up as "WAP PUSH: The weekly competition is starting now! URL:http://wapimo.com/?u=353863591406;c=NY267;p=tokens;aff=mobix

Thanks
Patty
Message 4 of 28 (10,781 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
PConneen

Colm - is there any update with getting this issue resolved? I never heard back from yourself or the Customer Service/Support guy that I called 2 weeks ago.

Please help me stop these texts!
Thanks
Message 5 of 28 (10,781 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Colm

Colm - is there any update with getting this issue resolved? I never heard back from yourself or the Customer Service/Support guy that I called 2 weeks ago.

Please help me stop these texts!
Thanks

Hi PConeen,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It's kind of strange one the way these are being delivered to your phone. In the text message, does it say anything about unsubscribing or stopping the texts?

The link below allows you to make a complaint to the regulator about issues like this. It also has a live web chat, which will allow you to speak to a representative and they may have more info on it, then we do here.

http://www.phonesmart.ie/Complaints/87

Thanks
Colm
Message 6 of 28 (10,781 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
PConneen

Hi PConeen,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It's kind of strange one the way these are being delivered to your phone. In the text message, does it say anything about unsubscribing or stopping the texts?

The link below allows you to make a complaint to the regulator about issues like this. It also has a live web chat, which will allow you to speak to a representative and they may have more info on it, then we do here.

http://www.phonesmart.ie/Complaints/87

Thanks
Colm

Hi Colm,
No where in the text messages does it give an option to unsubscribe or stop the texts .

I put the beginning part of the website (wapimo.com), which a subscription to Mobilenobo competition, into google, and got the following information from the O2 forum - Helpline 016972802. Cost is 6SMS's x €2, €12 per week. To unsubscribe text stop to 57495.

So I've texted that number and have gotten a response back - Free SMS:You are now unsubscribed from Mobilenobo. Helpline:016972802.

If I don't get any more texts from them this week, then I will know that it worked. Otherwise I'll be calling that number above.

Thanks
Patty
Message 7 of 28 (10,782 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Colm

Hi Colm,
No where in the text messages does it give an option to unsubscribe or stop the texts.

I put the beginning part of the website (wapimo.com), which a subscription to Mobilenobo competition, into google, and got the following information from the O2 forum - Helpline 016972802. Cost is 6SMS's x €2, €12 per week. To unsubscribe text stop to 57495.

So I've texted that number and have gotten a response back - Free SMS:You are now unsubscribed from Mobilenobo. Helpline:016972802.

If I don't get any more texts from them this week, then I will know that it worked. Otherwise I'll be calling that number above.

Thanks
Patty

Great stuff Patty,

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks
Colm
Message 8 of 28 (10,783 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Romans.V

I'm getting some sort of charge aswell , €12 message from 57495, i had 20 then down to €8 and now took the €8 and said i have not sufficient amount of credit to receive the message , any body knows how to stop ?
Message 9 of 28 (10,785 Views)
Please use plain text.
Frequent Poster
PConneen

I'm getting some sort of charge aswell , €12 message from 57495, i had 20 then down to €8 and now took the €8 and said i have not sufficient amount of credit to receive the message , any body knows how to stop ?

Try the following: To unsubscribe text stop to 57495.

You should get a response back - Free SMS:You are now unsubscribed from Mobilenobo. Helpline:016972802

I haven't gotten any texts this week so far...fingers crossed.
Message 10 of 28 (10,785 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
marcys130608

Try the following: To unsubscribe text stop to 57495.

You should get a response back - Free SMS:You are now unsubscribed from Mobilenobo. Helpline:016972802

I haven't gotten any texts this week so far...fingers crossed.

Hi. I had the same problem with messages from this www.wapimo web page. I sent message stop for number 57495 and that work. I didnt receive any new message last week.
Message 11 of 28 (10,792 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Roma

Re: Re:Stop Wap Push

I'm having the same problem however I'm being charged but I've only ever received 1 message which was:

"FreeMsg. Reply YES to this message OR test YES to 57495 to join this competition.18+ yrs only!"

They have removed around €11 on 2 occassions today being the most recent. I'm half afraid to txt them incase I'm charged again.

Message 12 of 28 (6,356 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Roma

Right. I've txted stop & I've received nothing.......should I be worried? 

Message 13 of 28 (6,351 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Hiya,
That should be it - if needed, you can contact the provider to double check that the service has been stopped.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 14 of 28 (6,347 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Dellol2008

Hi there, I got the exact same message as Roma on 27th November 2012: 'FreeMsg. Reply YES to this message OR text YES to 57495 to join this competition. 18+ yrs only!'

Maybe stupidly, but I replied YES as it said it was Free, just checked my bill and got a shock... They come in batches of 3 @ EUR1.63 + VAT each, and this has happened multiple times.  I have now text Stop and received this reply: 'Free SMS: You are now unsubscribed from Mobilenobo. Helpline: 01 6972 802.'  If their original text said Free msg....why am I being billed by vodafone.... Who is in the wrong.... Surely I should not have been charged... Can someone help me on this please???? Thank you in advance...

Message 15 of 28 (6,036 Views)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sadiq_Redmond

Hi there Dellol2008,

I have subscribed for things like that and each text they send you takes away your credit also it seems like you signed up to it off the internet. These messages send out multiple times?... I would suggest sending a message the STOP message to it the amount of times they send you a message but you might need to top-up so it's they send you a message 6 times you send them back STOP to the unsubscribe number that 6 times or the amount they sent to you **NOTE** - These things a scams and also the people doing it gain something out of it try to avoid signing up to things that say WIN WIN WIN! a free iPhone etc..

Thanks,
Sadiq
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
Message 16 of 28 (6,031 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Colm

Dellol2008 wrote:

Hi there, I got the exact same message as Roma on 27th November 2012: 'FreeMsg. Reply YES to this message OR text YES to 57495 to join this competition. 18+ yrs only!'

Maybe stupidly, but I replied YES as it said it was Free, just checked my bill and got a shock... They come in batches of 3 @ EUR1.63 + VAT each, and this has happened multiple times.  I have now text Stop and received this reply: 'Free SMS: You are now unsubscribed from Mobilenobo. Helpline: 01 6972 802.'  If their original text said Free msg....why am I being billed by vodafone.... Who is in the wrong.... Surely I should not have been charged... Can someone help me on this please???? Thank you in advance...

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. This is coming from a third party company I'm afraid, so it wouldn't be anything to do with ourselves. Your best bet is to call the company on the helpline number above and see what is happening and why they are charging you for those messages.

Thanks,

Message 17 of 28 (6,023 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Dee Twomey

Absolutely pathetic that a service that is being provided by u and you can say nothing to do with us call
Comreg?? The exact same thing happened my husband text received text stop back
But because it was lower case it didn't work so charged e60 in the past month
No idea how they got his number but when I rang your "customer care" u had no help no advice and
Told me to contact Comreg.... This is a fraud that is being committed through YOUR service and u can't do
Anything about it?????? Pathetic !!!! If a fraud had been committed on my bank account
The bank or credo card company refund the loss through fraud losses and look after their customer
That they are providing the service for but you seem to be above this and
Would prefer to wash your hands of it.... I have come to my end with Vodafone the way u have dealt with this
Matter with me and on previous posts is ridiculous and as soon as my husbands contact and my one
Is up (landline also ) I am done with your company.
Message 18 of 28 (5,709 Views)
Please use plain text.
cookie20
Topics: 37
Kudos: 230
Solutions: 33

Comreg are the legal entity charged with managing and dealing with PRS (premium rate services). Therefore any complaints or issues you have have to be dealt with in the appropriate manner. If you have exhasted all avenues with the offending PRS company then you can make a formal complaint to comreg here:

http://www.phonesmart.ie

Vodafone cannot help you.
Cookie
Vodafone BlackBerry Community Expert (or so I'm told) and Q10 owner
Irishtechnews.net
Message 19 of 28 (5,706 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Dee Twomey

NO, Vodafone CHOOSE not to help me.

Message 20 of 28 (5,683 Views)
Please use plain text.