Support:

BlackBerry

Search in Community:
Poster
bikeman

SIM Card replacement

I have a Storm for 18 months and have had the SIM card replaced several times, VF say it needs to be replaced to solve problems with receiving SMS. Latest version SIM receives SMS up to 10 hours after being sent, e-mails up to two hours late and sometimes missed calls appear even when complete 3G coverage in office and handset never rang. Fed up totally with this type of excuses as I have lost business over unreliability issues. Removing and replacing battery sometimes brings in SMS ! Tech support is not free but billed even when the VF network is at fault, strange way of doing business to be charged to get VF to fix their problems.Then I tried to see what I could be upgraded to but VF.ie is **** as "server busy" always throws any queries out. Despair.............................
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 2 (7,952 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
PMac

Re:SIM Card replacement

I have a Storm for 18 months and have had the SIM card replaced several times, VF say it needs to be replaced to solve problems with receiving SMS. Latest version SIM receives SMS up to 10 hours after being sent, e-mails up to two hours late and sometimes missed calls appear even when complete 3G coverage in office and handset never rang. Fed up totally with this type of excuses as I have lost business over unreliability issues. Removing and replacing battery sometimes brings in SMS ! Tech support is not free but billed even when the VF network is at fault, strange way of doing business to be charged to get VF to fix their problems.Then I tried to see what I could be upgraded to but VF.ie is **** as "server busy" always throws any queries out. Despair.............................

Hi there bikeman

Sorry to hear of your experience so far. Having worked on tech support myself, one of the main causes of sms delay/non delivery is the sim card and a replacement will normally fix.

If you continue to experience issues I would recommend a few steps.

1. Download the latest Firmware version.

2 . Delete and re add your mail accounts. Assuming you are using the BIS version, you can do this via www.mobileemail.vodafone.ie.
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 2 of 2 (7,952 Views)
Please use plain text.