Support:

BlackBerry

Search in Community:
Poster
slawekm

Internet without BIS/BES

Hi,
I bought 1GB data add on and I am trying to use internet on my Storm and I have some troubles. I've install OperaMini and working perfect. When I install other soft e.g. Amazegps for blackberry or google maps or other soft is no internet connction from them. I tryed to setup TCP with live.vodafone.ie, isp.vodafone.ie and hs.vodafone.ie and still no effects. What can I do? Could you help me?

Slawek
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
culchi

Re:Internet without BIS/BES

your lucky the opera browser works, officially blackberrys wont work with email or internet without having a blackberry package or blackberry addon. you would need to change the 1gb add on to the blackberry one or change your package to the blackberry package for it to work easily although im sure there is some work around out there.
if you feel ive helped tick the plus sign --------->
Message 2 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
slawekm

your lucky the opera browser works, officially blackberrys wont work with email or internet without having a blackberry package or blackberry addon. you would need to change the 1gb add on to the blackberry one or change your package to the blackberry package for it to work easily although im sure there is some work around out there.

Thanks 4 answer. Are you sure? I read few blackeberry forums and many peaple using Opera and other third party soft on blackberry without bis/bes or blackberry addons. They using just a GPRs to connect with net.
Message 3 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
renok

Thanks 4 answer. Are you sure? I read few blackeberry forums and many peaple using Opera and other third party soft on blackberry without bis/bes or blackberry addons. They using just a GPRs to connect with net.

Culchi is right, you do need the Blackberry addon to get your Blackberry functions to work properly for emailing & Internet, once connected you get Email, Blackberry apn & Vodafone live apns. If you want the cheapest option to use this service, I'll recommend the Simply price plan with Blackberry addon. You need to get it activated to use the service, the Mods here can do it for you.

You clicks on to register http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.ie/%20%20 to get your emails up & ; running
Message 4 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
slawekm

Culchi is right, you do need the Blackberry addon to get your Blackberry functions to work properly for emailing & Internet, once connected you get Email, Blackberry apn & Vodafone live apns. If you want the cheapest option to use this service, I'll recommend the Simply price plan with Blackberry addon. You need to get it activated to use the service, the Mods here can do it for you.

You clicks on to register http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.ie/%20%20 to get your emails up & ; running

I realy read about GPRS instead of blackberry plan. Maybe you are right both but I will wait 4 mod answer. I've read about using APN e.g here: http://www.scottsavage.net/2008/12/blackberry-without-bis/ and many other places.
Message 5 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
slawekm

I realy read about GPRS instead of blackberry plan. Maybe you are right both but I will wait 4 mod answer. I've read about using APN e.g here: http://www.scottsavage.net/2008/12/blackberry-without-bis/ and many other places.

If I will buy balckberry plan for my my simple tariff there is any other charges e.g from blackberry or this addon cover all charges?
Message 6 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
culchi

sorry you must be taking us up wrong we are telling you what the mods will tell you which is the official way for a blackberry to work and the only way you will get help with on the forums. as i said on the first post im sure there are ways around it but they involve changing settings that would invalidate your warranty and therefore i will not try to understand nor will the mods usually give any assistance with.
Basically if you want it to work right we can help
if you want it to work your way it can but we can't help
Message 7 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
slawekm

sorry you must be taking us up wrong we are telling you what the mods will tell you which is the official way for a blackberry to work and the only way you will get help with on the forums. as i said on the first post im sure there are ways around it but they involve changing settings that would invalidate your warranty and therefore i will not try to understand nor will the mods usually give any assistance with.
Basically if you want it to work right we can help
if you want it to work your way it can but we can't help

Ok now is clear 4 me. sorry and thanks. What's abt the charges on blackberry add on? It's all costs?
Message 8 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
culchi

blackberry add on is €20 not sure if that inculdes vat or not but it gives you your internet and email bundle so you can dump your current one
Message 9 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Hiya,
The Blackberry is set up to use a specific connection type for certain apps, so a lot of them won't function without the Blackberry add on (which enables this connection point).

The add on is 20 euro a month, plus VAT, and can be applied to any billpay package.
We also offer Perfect choice access, which is a combined bundle of minutes and Blackberry/internet usage.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 10 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
slawekm

Hiya,
The Blackberry is set up to use a specific connection type for certain apps, so a lot of them won't function without the Blackberry add on (which enables this connection point).

The add on is 20 euro a month, plus VAT, and can be applied to any billpay package.
We also offer Perfect choice access, which is a combined bundle of minutes and Blackberry/internet usage.

Thanks!

Thanks a mill DataDaz.
I can't find an option on vodafone website to include blackberry add on to my simply 100 tariif. It is not posiblle to do online?
Message 11 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
culchi

i'd recommend using the blackberry package perfect choice access 150. you get 150 minutes and texts ie50 more of each than your getting now plus you get 2gb of data for the blackberry 1gb on blackberry apn for email and internet generally 1gb for vodafone live and 10 music downloads each month.
that compares to simply + addon of 44.20 the addon price is 20+vat
Message 12 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
slawekm

i'd recommend using the blackberry package perfect choice access 150. you get 150 minutes and texts ie50 more of each than your getting now plus you get 2gb of data for the blackberry 1gb on blackberry apn for email and internet generally 1gb for vodafone live and 10 music downloads each month.
that compares to simply + addon of 44.20 the addon price is 20+vat

Yeah, but simply looks easier to terminate contract. Hard decision... anyway thanks
Message 13 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Thanks a mill DataDaz.
I can't find an option on vodafone website to include blackberry add on to my simply 100 tariif. It is not posiblle to do online?

Hiya,
Have a think about which option you'd like to go for, then, if you like, you can use the link in my signature to send over the details, and I'll kick off the process from here.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 14 of 14 (14,760 Views)
Please use plain text.