Support:

BlackBerry

Search in Community:
Poster
gunnerfitzy

Blackberry Storm: Apps & VF Live!

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to use internet applications like google maps, twitter etc with the live.vodafone.com APN? Or are these apps restricted to using the BB APN only?

I am thinking about getting the storm (more likely storm 2) and would like to use such applications abroad using the vodafone live! APN, like I currently do with my Touch Pro, therefore not incurring any additional charges.

Thanks in advance
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 3 (6,178 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
thecivvie

Re:Blackberry Storm: Apps & VF Live!

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to use internet applications like google maps, twitter etc with the live.vodafone.com APN? Or are these apps restricted to using the BB APN only?

I am thinking about getting the storm (more likely storm 2) and would like to use such applications abroad using the vodafone live! APN, like I currently do with my Touch Pro, therefore not incurring any additional charges.

Thanks in advance

With Twiiter a lot of the clients default to BIS as in the US most data is only BIS/BES. Some apps you can tell to use direct or tcp which should use the APN but you may need to define it in options --> advanced --> tcpip
Message 2 of 3 (6,178 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
gunnerfitzy

Re:Blackberry Storm: Apps & VF Live!

With Twiiter a lot of the clients default to BIS as in the US most data is only BIS/BES. Some apps you can tell to use direct or tcp which should use the APN but you may need to define it in options --> advanced --> tcpip

thankya kindly :)
Message 3 of 3 (6,178 Views)
Please use plain text.