Support:

BlackBerry

Search in Community:
Poster
dscanlon

8520 Software Upgrade

Hi there,

Current BB software on my 8520 is 4.6.1.272, connected to a BES. When I visit the software update section on blackberry.com it tells me that there's no upgrades available... even though v5.0 should be compatible with the device?

So, two questions: is this some issue with how my organisation's BES is configured; and, what would happen if I just go ahead and download v5.0 and install it on the device "manually"? :)

Much obliged,

D
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (5,851 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Colm

Re:8520 Software Upgrade

Hi there,

Current BB software on my 8520 is 4.6.1.272, connected to a BES. When I visit the software update section on blackberry.com it tells me that there's no upgrades available... even though v5.0 should be compatible with the device?

So, two questions: is this some issue with how my organisation's BES is configured; and, what would happen if I just go ahead and download v5.0 and install it on the device "manually"? :)

Much obliged,

D

Hi dscanlon,

Yeah this is the BES that would be restricting this, If you contact the BES admin, they will be able to flag your PIN and IMEI to be allowed to download upgrades.

Thanks
Colm
I am no longer a forum moderator.
If you have any issues please contact Daz or Paul
Message 2 of 4 (5,851 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
dscanlon

Thanks Colm, will get in touch with our admin, appreciate the response.

Hi dscanlon,

Yeah this is the BES that would be restricting this, If you contact the BES admin, they will be able to flag your PIN and IMEI to be allowed to download upgrades.

Thanks
Colm
Message 3 of 4 (5,851 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Hi Dscanlon,

We're happy to help :).

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 4 of 4 (5,851 Views)
Please use plain text.