Support:

Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
Poster
yknaa

Vodafone worldwide call charges

Looking at the charges to ring Europe I see that to use my vodafone landline to call France landline is 35c. per min compared to 15c per minute using my vodafone mobile. The same is the case to ring a mobile in France (30c per/min v. 75c. per/min).
Surely the landline costs have to come in line with the mobile costs? This pricing system is insane. I presume most customers would assume that using their landline is a cheaper alternative to the mobile but with an increase of 133% per minute this is not the case.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 2 (5,284 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

Re:Vodafone worldwide call charges

Looking at the charges to ring Europe I see that to use my vodafone landline to call France landline is 35c. per min compared to 15c per minute using my vodafone mobile. The same is the case to ring a mobile in France (30c per/min v. 75c. per/min).
Surely the landline costs have to come in line with the mobile costs? This pricing system is insane. I presume most customers would assume that using their landline is a cheaper alternative to the mobile but with an increase of 133% per minute this is not the case.

Hi Yknaa,
The connection via a mobile is routed in a different manner to that of a landline, going through separate exchanges, base stations etc, so there's a different pricing structure in place for the two services.

That said, you could certainly use each service to get the cheapest rates, depending on where you're calling.

Thanks!
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 2 of 2 (5,284 Views)
Please use plain text.