Support:

Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
Poster
CivilEx

Vodafone to convert 2G spectrum to 3G

Interesting article in Silicon Republic today here , particularly this section where Charles Butterworth states "Other steps that need to be taken, Butterworth urges, include freeing up the old 2G spectrum to allow mobile operators provide broadband throughout the country. Such a move would enable Vodafone to serve 3G speeds to 99pc of the country" Wouldn't it be great to get rid of GPRS and take a giant leap forward with 3G for all?

Any Android fans might be interested in the snippet also from the article - "The company is rumoured to be in line for the HTC Magic Android phone"
CivilEx
Boards.ie
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (10,810 Views)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tony Reilly

Re:Vodafone to convert 2G spectrum to 3G

Any Android fans might be interested in the snippet also from the article - "The company is rumoured to be in line for the HTC Magic Android phone"

To little to late if you ask me! It's been practically every other VF Network for weeks / month(s) now!
It's now almost classed as an out of date phone, the Magic that is, with the Hero being announced!
Message 2 of 4 (10,810 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
foobar

To little to late if you ask me! It's been practically every other VF Network for weeks / month(s) now!
It's now almost classed as an out of date phone, the Magic that is, with the Hero being announced!

Do we know why it takes Vodafone Ireland so long to release handsets? Is it due to technical reasons or do they just wait until the handsets are cheaper to reduce there loss per phone. I remember i had to buy the original N95 sim free as i was so tired of waiting for it to come out here.
Message 3 of 4 (10,810 Views)
Please use plain text.
Digi
Topics: 42
Kudos: 395
Solutions: 40

I would be very interested in a reply to this also.

Just across the pond, Vodafone UK are already selling the N97 (full version)

I am aware Vodafone Ireland will not be carrying this but if they were it would still not be available.
Why is it the case that Vodafone UK is able to announce, obtain, test and release phones before Vodafone Ireland can even announce them?

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 4 of 4 (10,810 Views)
Please use plain text.