Support:

Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
Poster

Vodafone Simply Price Plan

Hi,

I'm currently on Perfect Choice 100 which is costing me €29 per month for 100 anytime any network minutes & 100 anytime any network texts and also free Vodafone-Vodafone calls and texts only at weekends.

Vodafone Simply (€20 per month) gives 100 anytime any network minutes & 100 anytime any network texts and also free Vodafone-Vodafone calls and texts all the time. More for less basically.

My 12 month contract expired a few months back and I am eligable for an upgrade, although I don't want one for another while yet. So I am free to switch price plans if I wish. If I do switch would that effect my eligablility for an upgrade (when I do eventually want a new phone)?

Surely there has to be some catch??

Many thanks,
Kev
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 9 (10,624 Views)
Poster

Re:Vodafone Simply Price Plan

Yes, same for me. 29euro a month versus 20 euro a month, same entitlements....so why am I paying 9 euro extra for? Can we get our upgrade or will we lose it?
Message 2 of 9 (10,624 Views)
Topics: 44
Kudos: 448
Solutions: 40

I asked these questions myself a month or so ago: - response is here: - https://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/552-price-plan-discrepancy/

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 3 of 9 (10,624 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

I asked these questions myself a month or so ago: - response is here: - https://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/552-price-plan-discrepancy/

thanks Digi
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 4 of 9 (10,624 Views)
Poster

Thanks!

So basically I can switch to Simply now and when I want a new phone in 5 or 6 months I can switch back to Perfect Choice, sign a 12 month contract and get my new phone with the usual upgrade discount?

You can't get an upgrade and stay on Simply, you have to switch back to Perfect Choice and sign a new contract. The Simply price plan is cheaper and has no long contract because you will never be eligible for an upgrade while using the price plan.

/Kev
Message 5 of 9 (10,624 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi KevR

You're correct on all points there.
Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
Message 6 of 9 (10,624 Views)
Poster

Hi KevR

You're correct on all points there.

Thanks John! I have switched to Simply for the time being (until I need an upgrade).
Message 7 of 9 (10,624 Views)
Poster

Hi a bit off topic, but i was looking to find out how much you get charged for using going on the internet on the Vodafone simply price plan..
Message 8 of 9 (10,624 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi daz23

There is a connection charge of 15 cent

Once you have used

Usage is charged at 0.005c up to 99c or 168KB of usage

After 99cent or 168kb of usage you can use up to 50MB without additional charges

For more information please see this link - Vodafone Live!
Vodafone View team.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
Message 9 of 9 (10,624 Views)