Support:

Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
Poster

Vodafone Insurance Claim iPhone 4

I was unfortunate enough to have my new iphone 4 stolen last Friday 29/10/2010. I followed the normal procedure and reported it to the local Guards and also rang customer service to block the handset. I then rang the insurance company Monday morning (01/11/2010) and lodged a claim. My claim has been authorised however I have been reading some worrying complaints on here about the stock availability of the iPhone 4 with the insurance company. The operator I spoke to originally yesterday morning assured me that they were due to received a delivery of the iPhone 4 today. I rang again yesterday evening to check if the reference number I had given for the theft had been confirmed and I again asked about the iPhone 4 stock. This time I was told that I would be luck to get one in the next two weeks and that I could be waiting weeks for a replacement. Unhappy with this I rang Vodafone customer service but they were unable to help and put me through again to the insurance department and this time I was told yet again that they were execting a deliver today. This morning I spoke to yet another representative that informed me that my claim had been accepted and that I should expect a replacement shortly. I asked again about the stock and was told that they were due in this week and that the maximum wait would be a week and a half.

The information being provided is very inconsistent and considering the complaints on the forum I am worried that I will left waiting for weeks without my phone which is extremely frustrating. The automated message on when you ring the insurance department says that a shipment has been recently received which again is inconsistent with the message being provided when you speak to a representative.

Does anyone have a straight answer as to when I can expect to receive a replacement phone?
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 4 (9,943 Views)
Del
Poster

Re:Vodafone Insurance Claim iPhone 4

I was unfortunate enough to have my new iphone 4 stolen last Friday 29/10/2010. I followed the normal procedure and reported it to the local Guards and also rang customer service to block the handset. I then rang the insurance company Monday morning (01/11/2010) and lodged a claim. My claim has been authorised however I have been reading some worrying complaints on here about the stock availability of the iPhone 4 with the insurance company. The operator I spoke to originally yesterday morning assured me that they were due to received a delivery of the iPhone 4 today. I rang again yesterday evening to check if the reference number I had given for the theft had been confirmed and I again asked about the iPhone 4 stock. This time I was told that I would be luck to get one in the next two weeks and that I could be waiting weeks for a replacement. Unhappy with this I rang Vodafone customer service but they were unable to help and put me through again to the insurance department and this time I was told yet again that they were execting a deliver today. This morning I spoke to yet another representative that informed me that my claim had been accepted and that I should expect a replacement shortly. I asked again about the stock and was told that they were due in this week and that the maximum wait would be a week and a half.

The information being provided is very inconsistent and considering the complaints on the forum I am worried that I will left waiting for weeks without my phone which is extremely frustrating. The automated message on when you ring the insurance department says that a shipment has been recently received which again is inconsistent with the message being provided when you speak to a representative.

Does anyone have a straight answer as to when I can expect to receive a replacement phone?

Hey dizzy, spoke to them this morning, not this week or next ...... And I dont believe they know when they will get them ... its a disaster, they told me initially that they had customers waiting since september ??????
Message 2 of 4 (9,943 Views)
Poster

Has anyone managed to get their iphone? I'm only waiting three weeks now and i'm afraid i'm going to be waiting alot longer with some of the stories out there. Just spoke to the insurance company and they say they have no update on when they will get stock. my concern is that when it eventually does arrive that they wont have enough after all that! Does anyone have inside knowledge as to whats going on there?
Thanks,
J
Message 3 of 4 (9,943 Views)
Poster

Was advised today by Vodafone Insurance that under section 3 of the insurance act, they dont have to replace my IPhone with an Iphone.

I was told to look for a similar phone?
Message 4 of 4 (9,943 Views)