Support:

Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
Poster
RDMH

Vodafone 360 Problems - Post them here

I think a lot of use have experienced problems with our 360 handsets (notibly the H1/M1) and the 360 service in general. In truth it looks like we have been sold a pup and nobody in VF seems to be taking us serious. If you have a bad experience please post here, maybe if we get a sufficient number of people complaining someone at VF will actually listen.

My problems are as follows:

1. Push email not working since updating firmware, why is this, was the firmware not beta tested or is that what we are doing now?
2. Pulling in email manually works when it wants to, causing me to have to switch the phone on and off.
3. Calls dropping out, this is quite regular and very annoying. I'm working in Dublin city centre and would have thought there was sufficient coverage.
4. Facebook works when it wants to, since update of firmware I get the message "Check you connection settings", I have to shut down the Facebook App and restart it.

There are more but I'll leave you to add them.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus
Topics: 83
Kudos: 363
Solutions: 77

Re:Vodafone 360 Problems - Post them here

Phone not fit for Purpose
Monkeys stole my underpants!!!!
Message 2 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
senux

Looks you are only two not happy customers. ;)
I received my H1 about 2 months ago. I was bought with best spec handset for 1,5y contract ;)
Phone is able make and receive calls... Opera mobile browser doesn't fit my requirements (actually non of current Opera mobile browsers are good for me).
Till firmware update to "i8320BUIK5" I should play creating 2nd 360 account to keep "synchronized".
I received SMS notifications about new emails, but to read them was better to use web browser (for google or hotmail). My emails H1 sent when it was in mood...
Phone froze only once in week ;) not big deal.
Application "Maps"! I don't think that H1 will be ever with preloaded maps. When connection is interrupted a little detour is expected. For navigation outside ROI is better have proper GPS device.
After update to "i8320BUIK5" I was surprized how quick phone became. Not for a long.
After followed more often frozen screens up to 3-4 per day. Battery life up to 8hrs with little usge and 2-3hrs with "busy" screen. Time after time battery meter indicated that handset is on chardge without any plug pluged to it, sometimes even when handset was switched off :blink:
Same, without any reason H1 turned to USB mode, you know this message with choices: "PC Studio, Install PC Studio..." and USB mode indicator on top of screen.
One more crazy application is "File Viewer". I zoom a little to make text possible to read, so it does not fit all on screen, but when I try move to read what didn't fit on screen, I got an offer delete file!
Which on screen keyboard do you use for messages? Qwerty or Keypad?
Message 3 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus

Issue's with H1. I've had the H1 since November and have had numerous issues with the software on the phone. Last night the Mp3 player came up with an error and it had to close and now powering the phone off and on again hasn't fixed it, If I use the maps I get a position 2-3kms away from where I'm at not great if you actually needed the GPS, I've had issues setting up my gmail and facebook profiles and keep getting the same error when I use the internet the application has encountered an error and has to close. When the phone is turned on it takes about 5 minutes to function and then only when it wants to let you access message's. Last night it took 20 minutes to actually get my phone working. Most of the issues where minor before I got a software update now they've become major issue's I depend on the phone for business and it's not a stable platform for me and would like for someone at VF to come up with a solution to these issues.

Regards

EJ
Message 4 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus

Factory reset code for Samsung mobiles is *2767*3855# takes a few minutes for it to reset but I'm able to use all the applications again which is good but for how long.
Message 5 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsmith

The browser although it's opera based which is normally quite good on other platforms seems rather unstable. For example it seems to crash when I launch this forum on it which is a rather bad sign!

There's a lot of long delays and pauses as you open and close apps (both native and addon). Sometimes you can input a whole word before it echos to screen such is the latency at times.
Message 6 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gsmith

It doesn't seem as reliable as Nokia phones for bluetooth audio (A2DP). Been streaming music from it to my car radio (Pioneer with built in A2DP Bluetooth support) and whilst the Nokia connections are rock solid the H1 drops every so often needing to be reconnected. Granted it isn't an offically supported devices from the Pioneer side but the essence of this is it just doesn't have a good bluetooth implementation.

The biggest annoyance for me is that Wifi can't be set to automatically connect to known points and that it resets to off when the phone is rebooted for whatever reason.

I've never seen the chat feature work reliably, there isn't much support out there from 3rd party apps like Nimbuzz/Fring as yet. The java Nimbuzz works but it's very clunky and not written for touch interface - horrible to use and doesn't background.

I've noticed the latest Facebook app and Twitta both will background into collapsable widgets in the app menu. But they still don't multitask properly - they don't seem to poll for updates in that minimised state. I would presume they effectively hibernate?
Message 7 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
RDMH

Bluetooth on the M1/H1 is rubbish, even though there is a setting for auto answer it just won't do it and when you hit the answer button on your handsfree device it may or may not respond. Apperantly this is a "quirk" of the bluetooth profile that Samsung use for this handset (don't believe it myself, had a Samsung Tacco Lite and it worked fine on that one).
Message 8 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
jayo1987

problems with M1.............

5 mins to open a new message and 10 mins to open messages to send new one.

push email has never worked.

fone freezes at least 3 times a day.

chat for msn never works proper.

no proper apps for the 360 service.

unable to set up secondary 360 account.

the list is endless at this stage but looks like vodafone dont give a ****.
time to move to o2 or 3 i tink..

jayo
Message 9 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
abhi7887

@Mods (if ne1 from that fraternity visits this thread) ;

i have had the H1 since mid-jan. well without me tellin, you know wat all the probs are. but my phone went astep further, i started missing calls and people used to go straight to voicemail, messages used to get delivered 30 odd minutes late. so basically it turned from a phone to a mere battery draining and electricity wasting device which used to occupy space in my trouser pocket.

so i take this to vodafone shop mahon point cork, give it to them, they send it off to repair, and three days later i get my phone back stating my software was corrupt ( i just updated using NPS man ), and that now my handset is up to date and working as per manufacture's guidelines.

i come back home, put in my sim, login to 360 with a secondary id as the first one mysteriously has denied me access any longer. just to check i send a message to my phone from my webtexts and then i wait, n wait, n wait n i get the message on my phone, the only issue, it came 15 minutes too late. email isnt working still, i have to almost login to gmail chat every 20 minutes or so. the battery is draining as if i am drinking juice out of a caprisun tetrapack. i mean this is just insane man. i dnt know how much more i can stop myself from banging this phone on the wall.

can any mod let me know as to why the phone i not working even after the repairs, with the jiffy bag sayin " your handset is upto set standards per manufacturer "

please replace this **** phone for me. a phone is a machine which we all use. amachine is intended to reduce human efort, not to drive the human crazy.

please dont make me move out of my contract to another supplier, there isnt scarcity of that u know..!! so its a humble request to get this sorted. i am putting this up here as if i call customer care they are just have their old tape playin always, take it to shop they will see to it, sorry we cant replace the phone for you. i am not asking for a free phone man, i am just askin you to giv me sumthin which works, which will let me access email, take calls, receive messages and i am ready to pay watever the difference would be. this isnt helping me at all.

i sent an email to customer care regarding this, n i get a reply that you will be contacted within 24 hours, guess what, i sent the email a week back, n its still not been 24 hours for that department to get in touch with me.

to cut this long a story short, please replace this phone...., simple n crisp..!!
Message 10 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus

H1 Issues:

Ear piece stops working when you plug earphones in and take them out to make a call.
Freezing issues phone unresponsive when loading music from the internal memory or memory card.
GPS issues giving a location 2 miles away from where I'm at.
Dropped calls.
Internet giving issues saying application error closing.
Bluetooth issues not being able to pair with plantronics headset.
Accuweather not loading.
Email not loading or loading emails i've already deleted.
360 is Rubbish service.
Phone takes an age to power on.
When phone is full charged and you send a text message the battery bar drops by 1 which is strange.
Also the phone keeping every text message you sent which slows things down can't delete them nothing happens.

Vodafone Ireland need to issue a recall on these handsets and ask the handset team why this phone was rushed out to the market with so many flaws its just not good enough VF I want something done ASAP to resolve these Issues in a way of a New Phone or a Refund I'll be expecting some reply by end of business on Monday or I'll be considering taking this matter further.

Regards

EJ
Message 11 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus

Also forget to mention the battery discharges very quickly now.

Phone: i8320BUIK1
PDA: i8320BUIK5
CSC: i8320VDIIJ8

Thats my phone software why can't this issue be resolved sooner rather than later its so annoying at this stage VF need to contact me in regards to a new phone its gone on too long at this stage. Daz will you get someone in a senior position to email as I want to talk to the organ grinder not the monkey no offence intended just want someone in VF to be held responsible for my TERRIBLE phone. Goodwill gesture should be offered and maybe an upgrade of phone to an iPhone 3GS or Something that is more stable than my H1.

Regards

Slighty Annoyed

EJ
Message 12 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
abhi7887

and then my phone has gone in to be repaired in d space of a week yet again. Daz get me a new phone please. i mean am not asking for the moon man. why doesnt vodafone accept that h1 and 360 were a mistake. common man act up. get me a new phone please. get someone or you urself contact me n get me a new phone please. had enough of this thing. all i want is a phone wich will work without driving me crazy.

IS ANYBODY READING THIS>>>>>>....???????????
Message 13 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus

Vodafone's 3 repair policy is pants. If your phone breaks and is sent for repair your repair must be permanent and you can excerise your rights to stipulated a replacement or refund so why do VF want to send the phone away for repair 3 times? RECALL THE H1/M1 asap....
Message 14 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
jayo1987

guys nobody is listening.
vf dont give a **** wat we say.
theres a new update for the h1/m1 due out 3 weeks ago yet i still haven recieved it,..have ye?

vf whats the story with it..
refund or new phone now please and own up to the fact that the 360 service is no good and riddled wit problems

jayo
Message 15 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
abhi7887

+1 Jayo, EJ

if to get a new phone i have send thi ****hole of a phone thrice then that is just insane. but if thats what vodafone wants us todo well then instead of a new phone i will ask for cancelling of contract and move out. What irritates me is that Daz or any other mods who are here to help (atleast thats what they say) dont even bother replyin to these posts by us. Whatwill it take for you to reply Daz, should I flood this forum with messages for you..?? My phone is gone for its second repair, keep it with you guys and give me a new working phone, n yes by new i mean a different phone as I have had enough of H1.

I expect no replies yet again. But i'll be glad if you prove me wrong by replyin....
Message 16 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
abhi7887

My phone was sent for repairs, it wasnt fixed, it wasnt permanent, it has been resent, i want a new phone now, as per NCA. i am entitled. if that isnt something vodafone can do wel then please cancle my contract, refund the amount for H1 and am goin to somewhere where least i'd be shown courtesy of a reply. i work in customer service myself, for the biggest telecom company in the country, the company you piggyback to get customers, but inspite of all the price comparo we are still on top coz we know how to deal with customers, n we dont keep them in d dark.

adios
Message 17 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
EvilJebus

Vodafone whats going on with this no reply to anyones posts about the problems raised here its always the same pathetic excuse new upgrade due soon keep an eye out. Time for Vodafone to take the finger out and address this situation as i'm on the verge of moving to O2.
Message 18 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
abhi7887

as thought/expected ;

NO REPLY. NONE WHATSOEVER.
Message 19 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

as thought/expected ;

NO REPLY. NONE WHATSOEVER.

Hi folks,
As noted in other threads, this one has been escalated to the developers for input.
It's not being ignored, We're just staying out of it so that it remains uncluttered for the development team.
Your requests have also been noted, I'll try to get you a response from senior management.

Thanks very much.
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 20 of 85 (66,164 Views)
Please use plain text.