Support:

Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
Poster
Nikkers

Sim Not provisioned

Hi my friend was having problems with a micro-sim on vodafone the past while he went into the shop where he bought the sim and got a replacement but now the iPhone shows only "no service" where reception bars should be and in network it says "Sim Not Provisioned"
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 10 (7,187 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Nikkers

Re:Sim Not provisioned

3 days and still no help... Under the sale of goods and supply of services act, the first sim bought was not of merchantable quality and so too the replacement sim my friend is entitled to a Refund, Repair or Replacement and as of yet repair hasn't been succeeded as he is a new customer to Vodafone he is disgusted with the quality of help he has gotten the 3 days. Myself and him have been ignored and not a shred of help has been given.
Message 2 of 10 (7,187 Views)
Please use plain text.
AnnMarie

Hi Nikkers ,

I have replied to you via private message.

Your sim card will not work because you have cut the card in order to make it fit into your phone.

If you pop into a Vodafone store they will do a sim change for you and ensure that your phone is set up correctly.

Thanks,

Ann-Marie
Message 3 of 10 (7,187 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Nikkers

I went in yesterday and got a brand new sim card i was told to leave it off for a while while the phone number and the rest is transferred over to the new sim so i left it off till this morning and now all it says is "No Service" and in settings says "Sim not provisioned"
Message 4 of 10 (7,187 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
Nikkers

Yet again one reply and then no help after that. I PM'ed you the details to check if the sim is working
Message 5 of 10 (7,187 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
vinnyod

Re: Sim Not provisioned

Daughters phone shows as SIM not Provisioned ..advised by staff in Vodafone shop to call 1747 to get number unblocked .. accept no option to speak to a real person to resolve issue .. 

Message 6 of 10 (1,699 Views)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sadiq_Redmond

Hi there vinnyod,

When a moderator comes online Monday morning as there will not be any appropriate help till then they can check all provisioning settings are correct , have you tried switching the phone on and off to check whether it has picked up a service yet?

Thanks,
Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
Message 7 of 10 (1,695 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
vinnyod

It is something to do with credit not being applied to the phone as we are always sending her credit from our accounts no real credit has been applied to her phone in the last 6 mths does this mean that the number is blocked ??? bit confused by the staff in store as what needs to be done
Message 8 of 10 (1,693 Views)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sadiq_Redmond

Hi there vinnyod,

It could possibly mean the sim is blocked if the credit is not being applied or it could be a faulty sim. This can be only checked and verified by a Community Manager which is Monday, but the store should be able to check if its blocked or not and look at the provisioning settings on the phone.

Thanks,

Sadiq Redmond,

Welcome to Vodafone and the eForum.
Please set up a thread if you need help with a query. Did I help you with your query? Then Please Click the Thumbs Up Button and Solution Solved As Helping You Can Help Others. - Owner of: iPhone 4s/5/5s /Blackberry Q10/Curve 9320/Vodafone Smart 1 and Samsung Galaxy S3. Don't PM Me Personal Details. And Yes I'm a Astronomer and a Physicist
Message 9 of 10 (1,691 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Colm

vinnyod wrote:
It is something to do with credit not being applied to the phone as we are always sending her credit from our accounts no real credit has been applied to her phone in the last 6 mths does this mean that the number is blocked ??? bit confused by the staff in store as what needs to be done

Hi there,

Thanks for you post. It more than likely is that but I'll sort it out for you. Can you pop me over the following info in a PM?

Mobile Number

Sim Card Number

Address

Date of Birth

Link to this thread

Thanks

I am no longer a forum moderator.
If you have any issues please contact Daz or Paul
Message 10 of 10 (1,679 Views)
Please use plain text.