Support:

Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
Poster
NickG

My Vodafone login problem

Three days ago I ported my wife's number back to Vodafone. It was originally a Vodafone number, ported away to O2 a couple of years ago, now ported back.

The changeover went smoothly but we couldn't log into My Vodafone - by using the old login details or by trying to register afresh.

I rang customer services and was told that the old login would be "refreshed" after 24 hours when the system realised the number was back on Vodafone. After that, Anne would be able to log in to her account.

So we waited 24 hours but it still didn't work. In each case we got error "SRV-WL-05".

The same thing happened if we tried the lost password routine. The code was sent to the phone OK but when we tried to use it to create a new password we got the same error.

So I rang customer services again. This time I was told it could take up to 48 hours. After 48 hours I rang again only to be told it could take up to 72 hours.

So this morning, more than 72 hours having elapsed without the login working, I rang yet again. I was told that the details would be forwarded to the relevant technical support people who would call me back to let me know when it was fixed. So far I've heard nothing more.

Are these problems usual when a former Vodafone number, which has been ported out previously, is ported back? Is there anything I can do to expedite the process of getting this fixed? I'm beginning to wonder whether moving back to Vodafone from O2 was such a good idea after all.

Regards

Nick Greaves
(on behalf of Anne Sweeney)
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

Re:My Vodafone login problem

I'm pleased to say that Anne's "My Vodafone" login is now working.

But we now have a secondary problem:

In order to be able to store contacts that she uses for webtext, Anne needs to have her Vodafone email working (which is a bit silly, as she doesn't use the email, but never mind). Unfortunately when she clicks on on the "Vodafone Mail" Link, she is taken to:

https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/messaging/vodafonemail/ and a window pops up which says:

We're sorry , butwe're unable to complete your request.
Sorry an error has occurred, please try again later (ME-VFM-03)
Click Here to go back and try again.
(UNIQUE_ERROR_CODE : yS5TT1FVYrlrZH0PygcGvRRFFBTNrNnD9GR0HxFs54hgJT9Wt75T!-63177650!198680855!1316291925725)

Regards

Nick Greaves
(on behalf of Anne Sweeney)
Message 2 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Hi NickG,

Could you email me your wife's number and the above post. I'll escalate this issue to our online technical support team.

To email me just click into my profile and click 'Send me a mail' on the right hand side of the screen.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 3 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

Hi, Nick,

The email problem is now resolved (I don't know if this was by intervention or whether some automated process on the system completed itself).

The only outstanding problem now - as far as I'm aware - is when we go to https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/loyalty/loyalty.jsp and click on "My Cherry Points History" , we get:

We're sorry, butwe're unable to complete your request.
If this is the first time you've experienced this error,pleasego back and try again. If the error has occurred a few times, we suggest that you log out and check back later.
(UNIQUE_ERROR_CODE : JTh7T13hTLYKxnLHRyzqpMpLGN1422l1H2TH1kQrh4xlWHgxt9Tp!198680855!-63177650!1316354010463)

I'll send you Anne's details anyway though obviously this is only a very minor issue compared to the others we've experienced.

Regards

Nick
Message 4 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Hi Nick,

Has Anne registered for the service again since porting back?

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 5 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

Has Anne registered for the service again since porting back?

Which service? Email or Cherry Points?

In both cases the system wouldn't let her re-register - it seemed to think she was already registered for both.

In the case of email I did change Anne's email address, which might have triggered some other changes within the system. At any rate her email is now fully functional with the new email address and still has her contact list from before the number was ported out (which is a bonus).

In the case of Cherry Points, if we try to follow the link to register it just brings us back to https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/loyalty/loyalty.jsp

Regards

Nick
Message 6 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Nick from Vodafone

Hi Nick,

Thanks I'll look into the Cherry Points issue and mail you back once I have an update.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
Message 7 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

Thanks I'll look into the Cherry Points issue and mail you back once I have an update.

Thanks, Nick.

There also seems to be a problem accessing Anne's roaming settings:

We're sorry, butwe're unable to complete your request.
There was a problem retrieving your roaming settings, please try again later (MM-RO-01)
(UNIQUE_ERROR_CODE : Bcl8T2dL4vps2z71Wh21nS1mgpJJpZhpn8mTl1pFn9q90B2y2fh4!-63177650!198680855!1316363659641)
Message 8 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

Cherry points thing now working fine, thanks.

Issue with getting to roaming settings seems to have been a general problem on your system - I tried viewing my roaming settings on my own account and got a similar error. Either way that's sorted, too, and we can view the roaming settings for both accounts now.

One outstanding issue: Anne is not receiving some of the text messages that are being sent to her. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to this - some texts get through fine but others never arrive (even if other texts from the same number get through OK). Is there any way we can debug this problem further? Of course every time I send Anne a test text message it gets through!

Regards

Nick
Message 9 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Dwayne from Vodafone

Hi Nick

If the SMS are delivering sometimes and not others it normally relates to the sim card itself.
The service on them can deteriorate with old age,

The first thing I would do is get a sim change done. This is free of charge at any Vodafone Store (just remember to take a form of ID)

If you are still having an issue after this I can raise a case for you on this side.

Thanks
Dwayne
Dwayne
Vodafone View Team

Did I ask you to send me a mail? Click here to do so.
Not a Vodafone customer yet? Talk to Vodafone on Boards.ie
Message 10 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

If the SMS are delivering sometimes and not others it normally relates to the sim card itself.
The service on them can deteriorate with old age,

This is a brand new SIM card. The number was only ported (back) to Vodafone just over a week ago.

Regards

Nick
Message 11 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Dwayne from Vodafone

Hi NickG

So that's something I need to look into for you then.
Please could you PM me across Anne's number and I can look into it for you.

Thanks
Dwayne
Dwayne
Vodafone View Team

Message 12 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

I've been in correspondence with Nick Carpenter about it and he's already working on it.

Many thanks, though.

Regards

Nick
Message 13 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

Please could you PM me across Anne's number and I can look into it for you.

Dwayne

Actually I could do with your help after all. On Nick C's instructions, Anne obtained a replacement SIM this morning from the Vodafone shop in Newbridge. But their system was down so they couldn't activate it. If I PM you Anne's phone number and the serial number of the new SIM, are you able to activate it?

Regards

Nick
Message 14 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

This is now getting urgent - and annoying.

We've heard back from the Vodafone shop in Newbridge. Their (or your) system is now up and running again but for some reason they are unable to change the SIM serial number on Anne's account (the option is not available). It's clear that something is very wrong here.

Anne relies a great deal on her mobile on a day-to-day basis and a lot of people have her number in order to ring and/or text her. So this is causing HUGE inconvenience.

It would be much appreciated if someone could look into it ASAP.

Regards

Nick
Message 15 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Daz
Topics: 8
Kudos: 329
Solutions: 208

This is now getting urgent - and annoying.

We've heard back from the Vodafone shop in Newbridge. Their (or your) system is now up and running again but for some reason they are unable to change the SIM serial number on Anne's account (the option is not available). It's clear that something is very wrong here.

Anne relies a great deal on her mobile on a day-to-day basis and a lot of people have her number in order to ring and/or text her. So this is causing HUGE inconvenience.

It would be much appreciated if someone could look into it ASAP.

Regards

Nick

Hiya,
Could you email all of the details over to me and I'll take care of this for you?

Thanks,
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Message 16 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

Could you email all of the details over to me and I'll take care of this for you?

Thanks for your help with this. The phone now seems to be working with the new SIM. I've tried a few calls and texts to and from other phones and they all got through OK.

The only issue I've found so far is that Anne's phone no longer connects through the Sure Signal unit - even though it's set up for her number and she was able to connect through it before.

I'm guessing that the Sure Signal needs an update to its configuration because of the change of SIM. Will this happen automatically and, if so, how long will it take? Can we force a manual update?

Regards

Nick
Message 17 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Moderator (Retired)
Dwayne from Vodafone

Hi Nick

We will need to get her number set up again, I will get the details from Daz or Nick and get that done.

Thanks
Dwayne
Dwayne
Vodafone View Team

Message 18 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.
Poster
NickG

We will need to get her number set up again, I will get the details from Daz or Nick and get that done.

Hi, Dwayne,

I submitted the numbers again through the online form then (when I had confirmation of the change) forced a factory reset of the Sure Signal. That has resolved it, thanks.

Regards

Nick
Message 19 of 19 (12,204 Views)
Please use plain text.