Poster

Massive signal issues My Vodafone ****

The Office of customer complaints
Vodafone LTD Ireland
The Ramparts
Dundalk
Co Louth

Dear Complaints Manager,

I called the cancellations options department originally in May regarding massive signal issues in my home and my work place where I cannot use my phone and most calls go straight to voice mail or text because there is no signal in my home or work , The agent advised that a new signal mast would be going up in my area within the month if this has not happened the agent in the retentions dept was willing to break my contract, But asked me to hold off for a month to see if anything changed with the signal mast & the issue would be escalated to the technology department to investigate the issue and find a resolution to the matter - If nothing changed as long as I was willing to send the phone back,which I had no issue with they would break my agreement.
I spoke with an agent today 12/7/11 who escalated to a team manager of the name of _______ in the Dundalk call centre I explained the full nightmare of my issues and informed I had sent a letter outlining the above over two weeks ago to the same address and had no response. _________ advised there is no notes on the account regarding my ongoing signal issues or escalation of the problem and she would need to start the process again this is very frustrating to my self and upsetting as all I am looking for is a good service – I advised Ms ________ My Husband had the very same issue with Vodafone in September 2010 and the full notes from his escalation of the area issues would be on file with the tech reports also. His Number was 0860548459 ________ Broke his contract raised a credit for the buyout fee and he returned the Iphone to your selfs and went to o2 on a iphone offer which he has no issues with signal at all anymore.
Im sure you would agree I pay I high amount each month and do not get the return service for a average spend of €70 per month.
A resolve to the problem would be to do follow the same process my partner and send the iphone back and break my contract by raising a credit note and part ways as the problem cannot be resolved.
Its very disappointing that agents have been not leaving notes to reflect the issue regarding the problem and not getting a response to the first letter sent to the complaints department

Please help me resolve the issue and put and an end to this very upsetting and distressing experience

Joanne Wilson
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Re:Massive signal issues My Vodafone ****

Hi Joanne Wilson,

Firstly can you please get a sim change in a Vodafone store and see if that fixes the issue. The sim card it free of charge and all you need to bring to the Vodafone store is photo ID.

If that doesn't fix the issue can you follow the below instructions and PM me with the answers. We'll look into straight away and keep you up to date with any developments.

Coverage issues can be caused by a number of factors, so to narrow down the probable causes we need the below information, which is sent on to our networks team for investigation.
It is important to include specific information, as our networks team run traces on individual calls - without specific times, dates and locations the team cannot investigate the issue - i.e "5/5/11, 12.23PM at number 1 testing street, Dublin" would be a very helpful example - whereas: "between 9 and 5 yesterday" or "all the time" won't be specific enough to run the traces.

Please PM over the following information to me:

Mobile number affected:
Alternative contact number:
Is the issue with mobile voice services or data:
The address where the issue occurs:
3 specific dates and times when the issue occurred (for example: 5/5/11, 12.23PM), as well as what happened each time:
Example 1:
Example 2:
Example 3:
Does this issue occur outside the building, inside the building or both - is there a large drop in signal once you are inside

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 2 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

Hi Joanne Wilson,

Firstly can you please get a sim change in a Vodafone store and see if that fixes the issue. The sim card it free of charge and all you need to bring to the Vodafone store is photo ID.

If that doesn't fix the issue can you follow the below instructions and PM me with the answers. We'll look into straight away and keep you up to date with any developments.

Coverage issues can be caused by a number of factors, so to narrow down the probable causes we need the below information, which is sent on to our networks team for investigation.
It is important to include specific information, as our networks team run traces on individual calls - without specific times, dates and locations the team cannot investigate the issue - i.e "5/5/11, 12.23PM at number 1 testing street, Dublin" would be a very helpful example - whereas: "between 9 and 5 yesterday" or "all the time" won't be specific enough to run the traces.

Please PM over the following information to me:

I have already replaced the sim card and opened esculations with your tech dept -- I have also had the issues esculated by luarda Martin and sent of a second letter of complaint to the dundalk address .
Mobile number affected: 0863668652
Alternative contact number:0860548459
Is the issue with mobile voice services or data: Mobile voice and signal and signal drop out and lost calls
The address where the issue occurs:mainly my home address in ferrybank in waterford and my work place on the cork road but all over the place since my move its been the worst i had no issue with meteor its so upsetting i have a new born baby and i cant be contacted on my phone .
3 specific dates and times when the issue occurred (for example: 5/5/11, 12.23PM), as well as what happened each time: it happens all the time but the signal drop out would be more noticeable to my husbands number because i call him most 0860548459
Example 1:
Example 2:
Example 3:
Does this issue occur outside the building, inside the building or both - is there a large drop in signal once you are inside its every where --- i really feel its the iphon 3gs thats this issue my husband is on the iphone 4 with o2 no issues at all at home or out and about.

thanks joanne wilson

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.

Mobile number affected:
Alternative contact number:
Is the issue with mobile voice services or data:
The address where the issue occurs:
3 specific dates and times when the issue occurred (for example: 5/5/11, 12.23PM), as well as what happened each time:
Example 1:
Example 2:
Example 3:
Does this issue occur outside the building, inside the building or both - is there a large drop in signal once you are inside

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
Message 3 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

I have already replaced the sim card and opened esculations with your tech dept -- I have also had the issues esculated by luarda Martin and sent of a second letter of complaint to the dundalk address .
Mobile number affected: 0863668652
Alternative contact number:0860548459
Is the issue with mobile voice services or data: Mobile voice and signal and signal drop out and lost calls
The address where the issue occurs:mainly my home address in ferrybank in waterford and my work place on the cork road but all over the place since my move its been the worst i had no issue with meteor its so upsetting i have a new born baby and i cant be contacted on my phone .
3 specific dates and times when the issue occurred (for example: 5/5/11, 12.23PM), as well as what happened each time: it happens all the time but the signal drop out would be more noticeable to my husbands number because i call him most 0860548459
Example 1:
Example 2:
Example 3:
Does this issue occur outside the building, inside the building or both - is there a large drop in signal once you are inside its every where --- i really feel its the iphon 3gs thats this issue my husband is on the iphone 4 with o2 no issues at all at home or out and about.

thanks joanne wilson
Message 4 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Joanne

Thanks for the info. I've made your post invisible as this is a public forum and anybody can see the numbers.

Could you mail me? You can mail me by clicking on my profile (click on my name) and the link on the right.
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 5 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

Hi Joanne

Thanks for the info. I've made your post invisible as this is a public forum and anybody can see the numbers.

Could you mail me? You can mail me by clicking on my profile (click on my name) and the link on the right.

it wont let me do that paul do you have the enough info to go forward ;-)

thanks Joanne
Message 6 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

it wont let me do that paul do you have the enough info to go forward ;-)

thanks Joanne

It says The member cannot receive any new messages ;-)
Message 7 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Joanne Wilson,

We need specific examples to escalate this issue for you. Could you answer the below question so we can escalate this issue straight away :D.

Question: 3 specific dates and times when the issue occurred (for example: 5/5/11, 12.23PM), as well as what happened each time.

Please mail either myself or 'PMC from Vodafone' with your examples. To mail us just click our names above and click 'Send me a mail' on the right hand side of the screen.

Cheers.

Nick
Vodafone View Team.
I am no longer a moderator - Please contact Daz if you need to send a private message.
Message 8 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

Hi Nick,

They have been looking into this issue since may and nmost have not been leaving notes.

Daily I keep getting texts saying I have missed calls as all day my phone loses signal so the callers do not come through to me or they hit my voice mail.
I have a 8 month old baby and its very important I can be contracted and make calls without it dropping out it .
I have tried everything with this and I am getting no where with this issues both with your self's customer service and no reply from the complaints team which I wrote two letters .
Please have a departmental manager call me as per your escalation process as I have already spoke to ms martin at team leader level.
I want this contract closed down and wrote off due to this ongoing issues ,I require a manager from the cancel department to call me to do the above .
I have kept the full paper trail and times and dates of calls regarding this issue and will be taking action if this matter is not resolved shortly.
I have enough info to take this matter up with the regulator and port my number away at this stage .
Please get me help with **** and let me move to a company that can supply me with a reliable service and customers service I don't think that is alot to ask.

Missed call text at home today 10.30
Missed call text dunmore waterford around 4.30 yest

This happens all day at home and work and out and about

I do not have any issues paying up to date and sending the phone back.

Joanne
Message 9 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Topics: 25
Kudos: 453
Solutions: 349

Hi Joanne,
We appreciate that this has been an ongoing issue for you.
To resolve this for you, we've taken some steps here on various systems that control access to the network.

What we'd need now is to ask you to take a few steps to see if these changes have been effective, and to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, please switch off your phone, leave it off for 30 seconds and switch back on.
Make at least 3 outgoing calls and note the time and location, as well as whether they were successfully connected

The questions we need answered are:
Have you previously given time and date examples (such as those requested above) to helpdesk agents to raise as a coverage issue?
Have you tried the SIM in a different phone, and if so, what was the result?
You've mentioned that the issue isn't confined to one area - could you confirm this for me, is the issue definitely the same in several locations (at home, out shopping, visiting friends, etc)
Are the issues only with incoming calls - are texts, data, or outgoing calls equally affected?
What specific model of handset do you have (you've mentioned a 3GS above, is this your main handset)?
You've described a visible signal drop on the phone, does this happen on other handsets you've recently used, or just your main one?

Once we have the above information we can take further action for you (including consideration of contract termination), as we need to establish what's happening - whether this is a coverage issue, something specific to your account, a malfunctioning handset or something else.

Thanks in advance,
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 10 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

Hi Nick,

The questions we need answered are:
Have you previously given time and date examples (such as those requested above) to helpdesk agents to raise as a coverage issue?

Yes this was all done in may but cs say no notes reflect this complaint letter was sent no reply

Have you tried the SIM in a different phone, and if so, what was the result?

Yes we have tried it in my husbands iphone 4 same issue but not as bad i asked customer service would they be willing to send the iphone 4 out yo see if it would fix or hel resolve this issues and send the iphone 3gs back --- thay advised this is not possible.

You've mentioned that the issue isn't confined to one area - could you confirm this for me, is the issue definitely the same in several locations (at home, out shopping, visiting friends, etc)

Yes this issue happens alot all over our local area and out and about but worst at home .

Are the issues only with incoming calls - are texts, data, or outgoing calls equally affected?

The issue is related to calls only and 3gs internnet i have to turn they 3g off to have any hope of one bar signal ---- The calls drop out and i get mis calls due to the signal issues

What specific model of handset do you have (you've mentioned a 3GS above, is this your main handset)?

Iphone 3gs

You've described a visible signal drop on the phone, does this happen on other handsets you've recently used, or just your main one?

It happens with my sim in my husbands phone also but not as bad but still an issue ----- My husband had the very same issues and mary Pryor broak his contract for the same issue with the iphone 3gs deal on nov 2011 his number at the time was 0860548459 pls see all his reports also.

Once we have the above information we can take further action for you (including consideration of contract termination), as we need to establish what's happening - whether this is a coverage issue, something specific to your account, a malfunctioning handset or something else.

Thanks for yous replys and your continued support your the best person i have dealt with

Joanne wilson
Message 11 of 22 (18,656 Views)

Hi Joanne,
Thanks for coming back to us with these answers, they'll certainly help.

Just a couple of points that I'd need clarification on - you've mentioned that you swapped your SIM to your husbands phone (from an iphone 3gs to an iphone 4): these two models take different sized SIMS, did you get a SIM change to do this or were you using a cut down SIM with an adaptor?

Could you let me know the outcome (and the times/locations) of the test calls once you're ready, and we'll see if the changes have had an effect?
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 12 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

Hi Joanne,

Just a couple of points that I'd need clarification on - you've mentioned that you swapped your SIM to your husbands phone (from an iphone 3gs to an iphone 4): these two models take different sized SIMS, did you get a SIM change to do this or were you using a cut down SIM with an adaptor?

Could you let me know the outcome (and the times/locations) of the test calls once you're ready, and we'll see if the changes have had an effect?

Hi Darren,

Sorry his old iphone 3 he swapped it into ,his iphone 4 he currently has with o2 has not issues some drop outs but no where as bad, I dont have a clue with these phones i have him do it all.

Thanks Joanne
Message 13 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

Hi Joanne,

Hi darren,

Do we have any update please.

Thanks Joanne
Message 14 of 22 (18,656 Views)

Hi darren,

Do we have any update please.

Thanks Joanne

Hi Joanne,
I've just mailed you back - I'm not able to move on this without the outgoing call examples I've requested above?
As soon as I get these I can start working on this for you.

Thanks very much,
Message 15 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

Hi Darren,

This is getting so frustrating how can I give examples of no service when trying to make a call ---------- It come up and shows call failed as there is no service ----Please Take this to the next leave and have a retentions manager call me not team leader level ,I am going to print off all the footprint and info I have been tracking from this from may and take this issue to the very top.
This is a disgusting way to treat a paying customer have massive issues ---- I have followed the full process spoke to agent level ,Team Leader level ---- Wrote two letters to the complaints department with no response I may add.

Please see your below process which I wish to take the next step and speak to the cancel department manager.

Escalation of a dispute

If your enquiry is a dispute with Vodafone and you are not satisfied with the response or solution from our Customer Service Representative, you can ask at any time for your enquiry to be transferred to a Customer Service Team Leader.

Where the Customer Service Team Leader cannot resolve your dispute to your satisfaction, you can escalate your dispute to the Call Centre Manager. If you are calling outside office hours, your contact details will be taken and the Call Centre Manager will contact you after 9am or on the next working day, whichever is applicable.

In the event that you are still not satisfied you can put your complaint in writing to:

The Office of Customer and Channel Management
Vodafone Ireland Ltd
The Ramparts
Dundalk
Co. Louth

Your letter will be acknowledged within three working days.

In your correspondence, you must state clearly the background and nature of the complaint and the redress sought by you. The Office of Customer and Channel Management will endeavour to address your complaint within a reasonable period of time. The decision of The Office of Customer and Channel Management shall be final in all cases.
Message 16 of 22 (18,656 Views)

Hi Darren,

This is getting so frustrating how can I give examples of no service when trying to make a call ---------- It come up and shows call failed as there is no service ----Please Take this to the next leave and have a retentions manager call me not team leader level ,I am going to print off all the footprint and info I have been tracking from this from may and take this issue to the very top.
This is a disgusting way to treat a paying customer have massive issues ---- I have followed the full process spoke to agent level ,Team Leader level ---- Wrote two letters to the complaints department with no response I may add.

Hiya,
I've replied back to your email there.
I understand that things may not be going as well as they should, we're definitely willing and ready to work on this for you.
To help us do this, we just need some information about what's happening with the local cells, which we can derive from the call examples.
Even the call failed ones will be able to tell us a lot about what's happening.

Thanks very much,
Message 17 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

Hiya,
I've replied back to your email there.
I understand that things may not be going as well as they should, we're definitely willing and ready to work on this for you.
To help us do this, we just need some information about what's happening with the local cells, which we can derive from the call examples.
Even the call failed ones will be able to tell us a lot about what's happening.

Thanks very much,

Hi Darren,

Where do i get these replys the only ones i get are on this forum link .

Thanks Joanne
Message 18 of 22 (18,656 Views)

Hi Darren,

Where do i get these replys the only ones i get are on this forum link .

Thanks Joanne

Hi Joanne,
You may need to check your junk mail folder, as I've sent several replies to your emails?

Thanks very much,
Message 19 of 22 (18,656 Views)
Poster

Hi Joanne,
You may need to check your junk mail folder, as I've sent several replies to your emails?

Thanks very much,

Hi Darren,

On the 13th received text alert from ******* at aprox half 4, had phone on me it never rang cause I had no reception in dunmore east co Waterford, on 14th at half ten in my home got text alert from *******call went straight to ans machine no reception, 14th at 16:56 couldn't make a call to **** as I had no reception in boatstrand co Waterford. Had to borrow an o2 phone to make call

Thanks Joanne Wilson
Message 20 of 22 (18,656 Views)