Support:

Billpay Packages

Search in Community:
Poster

Free vodafone to vodafone calls from Eire - UK????

Hi there.

Myself and my girlfriend both swapped to vodafone a good while back so we could both make calls to eachother for free (under the top up by 20 euro's offer).

Ive just been offered a job in the uk. just wondering if she can still phone me for free from ireland if i move to the uk?
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Topics: 44
Kudos: 448
Solutions: 40

Re:Free vodafone to vodafone calls from Eire - UK????

Wouldnt say so mate. Free calls and texts applies to within Ireland only. Vodafone Ireland to Vodafone UK would not be free. If you both stayed with Vodafone Ireland then you would end up paying for roaming so either way its going to cost you. Hope that helps

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Want to say thanks? Click the thumbs up button
Message 2 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Stacky

The free Vodafone to Vodafone texts applies only domestically, so texting a UK number would be charged at 15c.

Thanks
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 3 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

Hi Stacky

The free Vodafone to Vodafone texts applies only domestically, so texting a UK number would be charged at 15c.

Thanks

Seems a tad unfair, example being if I ring a friend who I know to be a vodafone customer and am signed up to the above offer, if he happens to be out of the country Im gonna be charged for the call. I would of thought if I was at home and not abroad and rang/text another vodafone customer who was abroad then I still would not be charged. To be fair how would I know if they're roaming or not???

Just my two cents
Message 4 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Seems a tad unfair, example being if I ring a friend who I know to be a vodafone customer and am signed up to the above offer, if he happens to be out of the country Im gonna be charged for the call. I would of thought if I was at home and not abroad and rang/text another vodafone customer who was abroad then I still would not be charged. To be fair how would I know if they're roaming or not???

Just my two cents

Hi Eamon

If you are texting/calling a Vodafone Ireland Number that is roaming in the uk, the free texts/calls will still apply.

I believe in the above case the OP was referring to calling a vodafone UK number, stacky apologies if I misunderstood!
Retired moderator - please do not PM details to me, as I will not be able to respond.
Message 5 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

if i am in the uk but using my irish vodafone phone and im signed up for free txts do i still get a free txt if im txting a vodafone ireland number or is this roaming???
Message 6 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

if i am in the uk but using my irish vodafone phone and im signed up for free txts do i still get a free txt if im txting a vodafone ireland number or is this roaming???

The offer does not apply when you are roaming.
Standard roaming text rates apply.
Message 7 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

With a Vodafone IE account roaming in the UK your girlfriend will be able to avail of her free VF-VF calls/texts to call and text you for free, assuming you have switched on Passport. You won't be able to call or txt her for free though.
Message 8 of 19 (21,742 Views)

With a Vodafone IE account roaming in the UK your girlfriend will be able to avail of her free VF-VF calls/texts to call and text you for free, assuming you have switched on Passport. You won't be able to call or txt her for free though.

Just to expand on that, you will pay to receive the call :)

*I am not a Vodafone employee and the opinions expressed in my posts are that of my own

Has your issue been resolved? If so please take the time to click the "Problem Solved" button (on the bottom left)
Message 9 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

not if he has passport switched on
if you feel ive helped tick the plus sign --------->
Message 10 of 19 (21,742 Views)

Ah yes, forget about passport with NI/UK

Message 11 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Correct! recieving a call while in UK or NI with passport is free! http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/roaming/passport/
Message 12 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

I AM ON PASSPORT AND RECENTLY WENT TO SPAIN I RANG MY HUBBY AND MUM I HAD 30EURO BEFORE LEAVING THE COUNTRY WITHIN 2DAYS 30 WAS GONE EITHER RECIEVE OR CALLING ITS EXPENSIVE BILL MAY BE BETTER OPTION AS I THINK U CAN GETFREE INTERNATIONAL CALSS BUT IF U ARE SIGNED UP FOR FREE CALLS AND TEXTS U CANT HAVE FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS AS WELL AS I RECENTLY DISCOVERED SO U RISK LOSING ONE OR THE OTHER.
Message 13 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

I AM ON PASSPORT AND RECENTLY WENT TO SPAIN I RANG MY HUBBY AND MUM I HAD 30EURO BEFORE LEAVING THE COUNTRY WITHIN 2DAYS 30 WAS GONE EITHER RECIEVE OR CALLING ITS EXPENSIVE BILL MAY BE BETTER OPTION AS I THINK U CAN GETFREE INTERNATIONAL CALSS BUT IF U ARE SIGNED UP FOR FREE CALLS AND TEXTS U CANT HAVE FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS AS WELL AS I RECENTLY DISCOVERED SO U RISK LOSING ONE OR THE OTHER.

Hello

There area number of offers available on both pay Monthly and Pay as You go. An international call add on would not be useful in this case, as it would not cover roaming calls, whihc would be calls to Irish numbers while using the phone abroad.
Message 14 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

Hi there.

Myself and my girlfriend both swapped to vodafone a good while back so we could both make calls to eachother for free (under the top up by 20 euro's offer).

Ive just been offered a job in the uk. just wondering if she can still phone me for free from ireland if i move to the uk?
Message 15 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

hi, my neighbors wife was in the uk for a break,,, they are on voda prepay topup 20 euro a month ,, they called each other free was not charged anything and the text worked also,,,,, she was on her irish phone and he was on his irish phone ,,,,, so it works no problem for them ....
Message 16 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

Are you guys saying that you can phone main land UK on voda pay as you go when you topup 20 euro for FREE once both phones are registered on Vodafone Ireland and have PASSPORT Installed, am I understanding this correctly???????? Anyone know?
Message 17 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Poster

Anyone know the answer or is it a secret???????
Message 18 of 19 (21,742 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Anyone know the answer or is it a secret???????

Hi morph,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay in responding here. If you are on Vodafone Passport it is free to receive a call when roaming in the UK. So if the person calling has free vodafone to vodafone calls, then this call will not cost anyone anything.

Thanks
Colm
I am no longer a forum moderator.
If you have any issues please contact Daz or Paul
Message 19 of 19 (21,742 Views)