Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Announcements

Vodafone Ireland launch innovative Gigabox modem and mobile app

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Community Manager
Community Manager

Vodafone Ireland has launched the Vodafone Gigabox modem and mobile app for Gigabit broadband customers across the country. The products will provide faster wireless speeds, improved coverage and seamless control in the home. 

The Vodafone Gigabox modem is an exciting, first to market modem which will be given free of charge to new Gigabit broadband customers. Allowing customers to experience Wi-Fi like never before, with better speed and increased coverage within the home, as well as the ability to control the home Wi-Fi network from their mobile phone via the Vodafone Gigabox App.

Vodafone Gigabox modem key features
The new Gigabox modem will provide faster upload and download speeds for customers, with proven wireless downloads speeds of up to 713Mbps*. Where some broadband users experience a drop in the Wi-Fi connection as they move around their house or much slower speeds in certain parts of the house, the Vodafone Gigabox steers customers’ devices to the optimal Wi-Fi network between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz options available, ensuring customers enjoy more reliable coverage and a seamless experience. The Gigabox also makes use of Beamforming Technology, which sends a stronger Wi-Fi signal to compatible devices wherever they are in the home.

Vodafone Gigabox app key features
From changing Wi-Fi passwords, controlling who’s connected to the network and for how long, through to features like ‘Guest Wi-Fi’, the Vodafone Gigabox app enables customers to actively manage their router. Another useful feature is Scheduling, which allows users to easily manage and set time limits, giving them control over when Wi-Fi is available and when it’s not.

The Vodafone Gigabox app is available for iOS and Android

For more information, or to install the app, please visit this link.

FAQ
What are the minimum install requirements for the app?
The app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- iOS: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Android: Requires version 4.3 and up.

I have feedback about the app, where can I send it?
Please l
eave a comment on the app store, and our development team will get back to you.

Is there a configuration guide available for the app?
A video guide can be found here.

Are there configuration guides available for the Gigabox device?
An easy to follow first time setup guide is linked here.
Video guides can be found by clicking here.

Finally, for advanced functions, we have a full support section available at this link.

Who do I contact for support with the app or device?
Our technical team on 1907, option 2, will be able to assist.

I don’t have Gigabit broadband, how do I get one of these modems?

We are currently only providing Gigabox modems with new Gigabit Broadband installs.

What are the full specifications for the Gigabox device?

Technical specification
· Chipset: Broadcom BCM63138 + Wi-Fi BCM43602/BCM4366E
· Dimensions: 273 mm x 180 mm x 32 mm
· 4 x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)
· 1 x Gigabit Ethernet WAN (RJ45)
· 1 x ADSL2+ / VDSL2 (incl. vectoring), profiles up to 35b (RJ11)
· 2 x FXS for analogue phones (RJ11)
· 2 x USB 2.0
· 1 x SFP Cage for small form-factor pluggable modules
· 512 MB DDR3 RAM + 128 MB NAND FLASH
· Wi-Fi 802.11ac: 5GHz 4x4 Wave 2, MU-MIMO; 802.11n: 2,4GHz 3x3 w/ beamforming; Dual Band Dual Concurrent (DBDC)
· 3G/4G Broadband Backup via Mobile Broadband USB dongle
Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up