Support:

Announcements

Search in Community:

#AskHTC - Vodafone Talks To The Experts

[ Edited ]

To mark the launch of the HTC One M9 on Vodafone, we have a special treat for you guys. We have set up this dedicated  #AskHTC thread where you can put all your HTC related questions, especially around the stunning M9, to Andy Murphy who is an official HTC Trainer.
He will be taking over this thread from 12pm - 2pm on Wednesday.

M9_GunMetalGray_PerRight_opt.jpg
To get in ahead of the queue be sure to post your questions below for Andy and join in on the day by following @vodafoneireland, @HTCIreland and using #AskHTC

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
If I've requested details via a private message, please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link may not be answered.
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 1 of 19 (4,384 Views)
Topics: 54
Kudos: 997
Solutions: 171

Re: #AskHTC - Vodafone Talks To The Experts

[ Edited ]

Hi there Andy. Love the device and delighted to see that unlike competitors HTC have kept with micro SD memory expansion. Do you know if HTC Europe have any plans to bring HTC Uh-Oh here? It's an amazing deal. Thanks

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S8 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 2 of 19 (4,304 Views)
Frequent Poster

Posted from Android 5.0
any chance of a free one? 😃 for review of course 😃
Message 3 of 19 (4,199 Views)
Frequent Poster

Posted from Android 5.0
Seriously though, why have HTC forgone the optical image stabilisation and also, what plans are there to address the below par low light image quality and 1080p video seen in Many reviews
Message 4 of 19 (4,197 Views)
VIP

Hey Cookie Great to hear your feedback on HTC ONE M9Smiley Happy. HTC are currently running the Uh-Oh project in the United States only, there is no plans to bring the project to Europe yet.  HTC will announce new projects and innovations as they happen.

Message 5 of 19 (4,180 Views)
VIP

Afraid not, but be sure to check out Vodafones great plans and their amazing prices for the HTC ONE M9.

Message 6 of 19 (4,179 Views)
VIP

While it doesn’t contain OIS, a combination of HTC’s own software and Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) ensure that the results are excellent. HTC ONE M9 does provide great quality photos and HTC will continue to improve on that through our software updates.

Message 7 of 19 (4,178 Views)
Valued Poster

Hi Andy,

The M8 was one of my favorite phones of 2014 and still looks great today.  So unlike many I wasnt overly dissapointed with the choice of sticking to similar aesthetics with the M9 and it's good to see some of the hardware concerns being addressed on the M9 - such as button placement of the power button. 

Now sense 7 has been released with themes allowing greater customisability - from previous experience with devices with 'themeing' support - this can often impact memory managment - bloating it somewhat.   Can you confirm that the M9 is as good with memory managment as the M8 was ?

The M8 camera recieved the biggest criticsm of the device - simply because of the megapixel count.  I found that it  was able to take some great photo's - but the lack of megapixels did hurt.

M8 sample image...M8 photo

Now like many I have read reviews of rather lacklustre reception of the 20mp camera results - especially in lowlight.  Could you let us know from your own experience what the camera / sensor is like and whether much of the critiscms it has recieved could be software post processing - and therefore correctable via future software updates?

Thanks Andy.

MRU Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 19 (4,177 Views)

Is HTC Ireland offering the free 100GB google drive space with the M9?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S8 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 9 of 19 (4,141 Views)
VIP

Hi MacRumourUser,

Great the hear you like the aesthetics of the M9, the ONE family had been years in the making, the M9 is the evolution of the ONE series. 

As you say, Sense7 has a new Theme Maker, the theme maker is a new and innovative way to personalise your HTC. It is a very in depth way to create themes and takes customization to a whole new level. That said, Theme Maker does require some extra memory. Memory management on the M9 is excellent, HTC have retained many of the great features from the M8 and built on and improved these features to produce the M9. 

The M9 has been receiving a number of software updates which will refine many of the features on the handset. Any camera reviews seen are subject to the software version on the handset. The M9 camera is excellent in all light settings, check out our Twitter account to see some of the great photos taken on an M9.

Message 10 of 19 (4,139 Views)
VIP

Yes, this offer of two free years of 100GB free storage continues with the HTC One M9.

Message 11 of 19 (4,144 Views)

Good to hear. Thanks Andy.
Cookie
Message 12 of 19 (4,135 Views)
Valued Poster

Thanks Andy Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 19 (4,132 Views)
Topics: 40
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 486

[ Edited ]

We have folks chiming in on Twitter also, Anthony O'Connor asks:

"@VodafoneIreland @HTCIreland Is the pink blur camera lens problem resolved in the M9? #AskHTC"

To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 14 of 19 (4,111 Views)
VIP

The M9 uses new hardware and software for its camera, because all of the components are new this is not an issue on the M9. 

Message 15 of 19 (4,106 Views)

Sean Cafferkey asks:

Any chance of a free one? AskHTC

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 16 of 19 (4,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
Pasty_face wonders:

When are cases going to be available in store? AskHTC

Message 17 of 19 (4,076 Views)
VIP

There is absolutely a chance of a free one on Vodafone RED Super, jump over to Vodafone.ie to check it out!

Message 18 of 19 (4,067 Views)
Highlighted
VIP

Hey Pasty_face

We will have cases in store the week commencing the 20th April.

Thanks

Message 19 of 19 (4,063 Views)