Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android Devices

trading an s7 for an s9

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

i was wondering if the s7 that you trade in for the s9 has to have been purchased from a vodafone store because i bought mine from tesco

also do you need to pay any money or do anything in return for trading in?

and how long is this offer lasting for?

i really need to know as i am looking to buy a new phone as better phones are emerging

thanks for the help

View more options
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Expert

@yasir500 wrote:

i was wondering if the s7 that you trade in for the s9 has to have been purchased from a vodafone store because i bought mine from tesco

also do you need to pay any money or do anything in return for trading in?

and how long is this offer lasting for?

i really need to know as i am looking to buy a new phone as better phones are emerging

thanks for the help

I doubt it would matter - the condition of the device itself, and that it boots is whats the important factor. 

However - i beleive this offer may be for customers porting in for the first time as opposed to existing customers - at least thats what the terms and conditions currently state.

Vodafone Trade in terms and conditions

1. The Trade In offer is available to any prepay or pay monthly customer who is porting in to Vodafone, first time connecting or upgrading their tariff on the Vodafone network.
  2. The Trade In device(s) must be presented to Vodafone retail store sales staff prior to completion of the purchase of the new handset to be eligible.
  3. Any device(s) meeting the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions will entitle the owner to a discount off the purchase of a new pay monthly, pre-pay, upgrade or SIM free handset from Vodafone or as a credit against accessories or as “Credit to bill”.
  4. Trade In values are subject to change from month to month and Vodafone reserve the right to alter trade-in values on various device(s). Trade In values and RRP’s on device(s) may vary from channel to channel. The trade-in offer applies to a limited list of device(s). The full list is available in-store and online. Vodafone will have the final decision on all device(s) values.
  5. Vodafone Ireland recommends that you read the Terms & Conditions in full, as they are designed to ensure you receive your Trade In value in full and on time, depending on the condition of your “device” (ie handset/phone or tablet). Accepting these Terms & Conditions are a condition of using the Trade In service in our retail channels. By using this service and completing the sale of a device in a Vodafone retail store, you are entering into a contract with Vodafone Ireland (please consult “When does the contract start” section).

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options

Hi there,

I am happy to confirm that you can trade in your Samsung Galaxy S7 if this was purchased from a different network provider. This particular trade in offer will provide you with a discount of up to €150 off the upgrade price of the S9. The discount you are offered for the S7 will depend on the condition of the phone (your phone should be in good condition, turn on & off, be free from cosmetic damage and security locks should be removed.) and will be at the discretion of the retail store agent.

This offer is available up until the 31st of August in Vodafone retail stores only.

For full details on this offer, please see this link and go to "Trade in Offer - July 2018".

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up