Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android Devices

Voice Mail not working...

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I recentluy moved from bill pay to a PAYG account and since moving to PAYG my voicemail isnt working. the phone just rings out instead of connecting to VM. can my VM be reactivated for me.

Thanks, Davitt

View more options
20 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
This is being looked into now for you, and should be resolved soon.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

thanks, all working correctly now.

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good stuff, thanks for letting us know.

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi 

I recorded my name can you please activate My voicemail to phone number only

View more options

Hi there,

I can see that this issue has since been resolved, if you require any further assistance, please get in touch.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Hi,

I'm trying to get access to a number of voicemails that have been left when I missed calls but I can't get them when I ring the voicemail number.

In case it helps, I joined Vodafone approx 5 months ago and am on a Bill Pay contract.

When I ring the voicemail number, I'm prompted to first record a personal greeting (followed by #). Eveytime I record my name and press the # as instructed, it just tells me to re-record a personal greeting.

Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong? 

View more options

Hi there,

Our tech team are currently looking this for you, as soon as I have news, I'll be in touch.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options

Our tech team has confirmed that your voicemail has now been activated using our default voicemail greeting. If you would like to update this to reflect your personal greeting, simply follow the steps below:

1. Dial 172.
  2. Press 1 for full personalised greeting.
  3. Press 1 to record a new greeting.
  4. Record your greeting and press hash (#).
  5. Press 2 to save the changes.

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Thanks Aisling, all sorted now

View more options

Super, thanks so much for letting us know Smiley Happy

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Hi I have recorded my message but voicemail still not working

Could you activate it to go to voicemail when its switched off, out of coverage, on another call and also when I dont answer it after 30 seconds or so?

Thanks

View more options

Hi there,

Your voicemail should now be active on your account, can you please restart your handset and confirm? To extend the ringing time on your phone key in the below code on your handset:

**61*(mailbox no.)**(no. of seconds you want it to ring for)#send

Thanks,

Ashling

View more options
Poster

Hi this works now thanks.

What is meant by mailbox number?

View more options
Community Expert

your mailbox number is your phone number with a 5 after the prefix so for instance:
+353865xxxxxxx

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options

Thanks cookie Smiley Happy

View more options
Poster

Thanks Smiley Happy

View more options
Poster

hi i have activated my voicemail name only but i still cant get into my voicemail. i actually want to remove VM from my phone or use computer generated one but cant find those options

View more options
Poster

i cant access my VM although i have followed the path for name only set up. I actually want to revert to VM with number only but dont have that option can you help?

View more options
Highlighted
Community Expert

@AMC2018 wrote:

i cant access my VM although i have followed the path for name only set up. I actually want to revert to VM with number only but dont have that option can you help?

Reverting is not an option offered to users but a member of the Vodafone Team here will be able to assist you with that from there end when next back online.

All the best

Digi

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up