Support:

Android Devices

Search in Community:
Topics: 54
Kudos: 1,042
Solutions: 198

Re: Samsung S9 and 9+

No sd_black theme Smiley Sad

All the rest is great though. Like the rotation option for the homepage and apps page
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
Message 41 of 63 (439 Views)

@drunkcolerwrote:
Any of ye figure out of there's plastic to take off around the camera's or is there just the big back one.

There's a tiny strip around the top edge and botton. Almost panicked thinking it was already scratched but just some loose tape. Dont see any around the camera.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
Message 42 of 63 (439 Views)
Regular

Yeah I've spent about 20 mins just looking closely at the camera to see if there was a sticker. I took big front big rear white square on rear and the strip that went around the edge.

Message 43 of 63 (432 Views)
Topics: 48
Kudos: 413
Solutions: 43

@cookie20wrote:
Like the rotation option for the homepage and apps page

Badly overdue so it was

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 44 of 63 (427 Views)

@EvilJebuswrote:

Still waiting on mine, post has been and gone so much for having it on day of release.

Hey buddy - did it turn up in the end?

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 45 of 63 (426 Views)

@Digiwrote:

So has anyone figured out how to check your blood pressure yet?

So as an update- it seems blood pressure will be measured through an app called "My BP Lab" which will be available to download 48 hours before the offical S9 launch date.

One more little mystery solved for now.

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 46 of 63 (418 Views)
Topics: 112
Kudos: 504
Solutions: 96

Posted from Generic Android 2.0

Yeah it finally arrived the delivery driver for An Post was too lazy to knock on the door and left it in with a neighbour 10 doors away and didn't update the tracking to say it was left somewhere else. So far so good like the case that comes with it and finally some stereo speakers only 10 years late. How you finding it? The vodafone secure net was switched on yesterday on my account so the daily mail website is being blocked.....

The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
Message 47 of 63 (405 Views)

Glad to hear it turned up mate.

Loving it - delighted with the speakers - although on mine at least it wasnt set as default like i was expecting and for a few minutes i was kind of thinking how unimpressed with the sound i was Smiley LOL

That Vodafone Secure thing is active now on my account as well - the text i got said i am on a trial and will be charged monthly after.

I wasnt expecting it to be activated automatically and i had no intention of activating it, so will have to disable it later today or tomorrow Smiley Happy

The placement of the fingerprint reader is perfect i feel - i held off the S8 because i didnt really like its placement, but quite happy with this one.

Still only scratching the surface at the moment with the changes but very happy with her.

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 48 of 63 (392 Views)
Topics: 112
Kudos: 504
Solutions: 96

Yeah set the Dolby Atmos up on mine so it's nice and loud. Secure net is supposed to be part of my package fairly annoying being forced on ya when you didn't ask for it....Brings back the U2 debacle on the iPhone

The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
Message 49 of 63 (386 Views)

I disable the Vodafone start app so I don't see secure net at all.
Cookie
Message 50 of 63 (382 Views)

@cookie20wrote:
I disable the Vodafone start app so I don't see secure net at all.

First thing i did on boot funny enough

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 51 of 63 (373 Views)
Regular

Anyone having issues with the slow mo video, screen is very dark and flickering also slow mo never seems to take a shot.
Message 52 of 63 (353 Views)

I haven't tried it much but no I'm not having those issues. I was dropping porridge into my bowl this morning and taking slo mo shots and it worked pretty well. No flickering your describe anyway. I think lighting is important.
Cookie
Message 53 of 63 (351 Views)
Regular

Gonna have to look into it more so, camera works fine on every other setting but slow mo. On slow mo it looks like an old camera when you pointed it at a screen/tv if that makes sense and also is very dark looking, I have managed to take a slow mo shot or so the camera tells me but on playback all I get it the music and no apparent slow mo effect. Maybe there is an update that hasn't been pushed yet to all phones or maybe mine is just borked.
Message 54 of 63 (347 Views)

Well it will look weird as it's preparing to take 960 frames a second in order to generate a smooth super slo mo video. Take a few videos (you made need to ensure the camera stays still) in good lighting and have a look at the processed video afterwards. If I get time today I'll do the same and post them.
Cookie
Message 55 of 63 (337 Views)

I've identified one issue with super slo mo. If you're in a room with fluorescent lighting there's lots of flickering. I presume because the fluorescent lighting flicker is being captured by the super slo mo.

It is working though with the right lighting. Here's a vid under fluorescent lights:

Water in cup

Cookie
Message 56 of 63 (326 Views)
Highlighted

Not tried super slow mo just yet. I am saving its first outing for this coming Saturdays Six Nations game. The target is my glass as my local barman poors me a Jack Ryan 15 year Smiley Very Happy

I have come across an issue personally with the data tracker. While it seems to be tracking correctly when i dig deeper into its settings, when i open data usage at first, used data is stuck on zero. No big deal but annoying as the data tracker i use on the edge panel is stuck on zero as a result.

Also twice today and three times yesterday, with full 4g reception, i had no internet connection avaialble. Swutched through 2 different wifi networks and no luck.

A restart resovled it each time.

Mrs Digi has seen none of these issues on hers, but her battery drain is massive and have dropped at times 20% in an hour while on standby with zero usage. A factory reset has not resolved.

Looking forward to receiving the update they released that is already doing the rounds. Seems to update to March security patch and at 200mb plus, no doubt contains a few bug fixes.

digi-expert.JPG 

Message 57 of 63 (315 Views)

It could take a week or so for the battery to settle down as the device will be settling in after you've loaded everything on to it. It'll take even another week for it to learn how you use it in terms of knowing which apps to sleep and which you use most.

I haven't seen/noticed the data issue you talk about.
Cookie
Message 58 of 63 (308 Views)
Frequent Poster

Hi. I ordered an S9 Plus late Monday night but I still haven't received an email receipt or order confirmation. I was wondering when I could expect that? Also I selected for it to be delivered to a store, it said on stock at the time. Roughly how long should it take before it's available for collection? Thanks
Message 59 of 63 (291 Views)

Hi there,

I can confirm that your order for the Samsung Galaxy S9+ in black has been accepted and your order number is 28184554. All Samsung S9 and S9+ orders placed after 1pm on Thursday March 8th 2018 will be delivered on Friday March 16th. For full details on our Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Pre-order, please follow this link and click "Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ pre-order and offer".

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
Message 60 of 63 (289 Views)