Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android Devices

Samsung J3 Mostly 'No Service'

Highlighted
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Notice I was only getting very intermittent service on the phoneabout a week ago. Replaced the SIM card in a vodafone shop as per instructed, still the same problem.

any ideas on what to do next?

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Community Expert
How is the sim in other phones in the same area? Or how is the phone with a different vodafone sim in the same area?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

there doesn't seem to be any problems with other phones (vodafone and others in my area. 

Service returns for very short periods of time. during the day, but you can literally see the bars fluctuate on the phone before 'no service'.

View more options
Community Expert
Yes but as specified in my message we're trying to identify if this is a phone or sim card issue. How does your sim behave in other phones or how do other vodafone sims behave in yours?
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

My apologies, didn't read that right. 

The SIM card seemed to work fine in a different handset this morning.

Same issue still  occuring on my own

View more options
Poster

and there is no service on my handset with a different SIM

View more options
Community Expert
I think you may need to return the phone to where you bought it from for an assessment and possibly a repair based on what you're telling me.
Cookie
View more options

Hi there,

Very sorry for the delay in our response. Thanks for your input here, Cookie.

The information and advice provided is correct. 

Please get back us if you've any further queries.

Thanks,

Liam

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Back it up to your Samsung and Google accounts first and then try a factory reset through the recovery menu, is it the older J3 or the 2017 model?
View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up