Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Responses may be delayed through this channel. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Android Devices

SMS Messages

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Aly
Poster

Hello !

I had to restore factory settings with my samsung and swop over with replacement phone through my insurance!  Ist there anyway that I could retrieve my sms messages at all?

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Community Expert
I'm afraid not. Vodafone do not keep them. Only certain apps back them up but I dont kniow of any default ones that do.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Community Expert

@Aly wrote:

Hello !

I had to restore factory settings with my samsung and swop over with replacement phone through my insurance!  Ist there anyway that I could retrieve my sms messages at all?

What type of Samsung?

In settings under cloud services somewhere (accounts and backup i think) there is a place to sign into your samsung account. If you had previosly done this on your old phone and selected "messages" as one of thine things you wanted backed up - you could restore them by signing back in and hitting restore.

It would override the messages you currently have now though so FYI on that.

If not, i suggest you enable this going forward for peace of mind.

You can also install an app on a PC or MAC called "smart switch" - Its from Samsung. It allows you to back up your entire device to your computer.

I make a habit of connecting mine once a week for a backup - so if the worst happens, i can simply resore everything i had to my new phone.

Hope that helps

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up