Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android Devices

SMS Messages

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Aly
Poster

Hello !

I had to restore factory settings with my samsung and swop over with replacement phone through my insurance!  Ist there anyway that I could retrieve my sms messages at all?

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Expert
I'm afraid not. Vodafone do not keep them. Only certain apps back them up but I dont kniow of any default ones that do.
Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Community Expert

@Aly wrote:

Hello !

I had to restore factory settings with my samsung and swop over with replacement phone through my insurance!  Ist there anyway that I could retrieve my sms messages at all?

What type of Samsung?

In settings under cloud services somewhere (accounts and backup i think) there is a place to sign into your samsung account. If you had previosly done this on your old phone and selected "messages" as one of thine things you wanted backed up - you could restore them by signing back in and hitting restore.

It would override the messages you currently have now though so FYI on that.

If not, i suggest you enable this going forward for peace of mind.

You can also install an app on a PC or MAC called "smart switch" - Its from Samsung. It allows you to back up your entire device to your computer.

I make a habit of connecting mine once a week for a backup - so if the worst happens, i can simply resore everything i had to my new phone.

Hope that helps

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up