Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android Devices

Not receiving international texts

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

Hi,

Having recently travelled to Greece on holidays where I was able to send and receive texts to any number internationally without issue, I have returned to Ireland and can no longer receive texts from the UK and possibly other international numbers. People receive my texts from Ireland to the UK but when they respond, the message is not received ny myself. 

I am adamant that this has something to do with my phone configuration on the network but having phoned your technical support twice, culminating in a network refresh and checking of blocked number, the latter measure being irrelevant as it seems to be any UK number which is unable to reply to me and none of them are blocked anyway,  I  have been told that I need to visit a Vodafone store for them to check the sim card. If possible, I would like to avoid doing this though as I do not live close to a Vodafone outlet.

I asked another member of my family to message me this morning, and whilst it was received, it came via a Maltese number +35668823504 rather than a +44 number.

Having had no success with technical support thus far, I wondered if instead someone here might be able to assist me.

Many thanks,

Nick

View more options
9 REPLIES
Poster

sorry just to add. I am now receiving texts but on each time they are coming via +356 and not the UK number they should correspond to. 

View more options
Valued Poster

You could try a sim change 1st then if that doesn't work Vodafone can refresh your profile to see if that helps.

The day of idiots is upon us!!!!
View more options
Poster

thanks, it just seems weird that the texts now seem to be being received but are originating from a Maltese number rather than UK. All texts from Ireland are coming through as normal, Unfortunately I don't live near a Vodafone shop so was trying to exhaust all remote technological solutions before heading to the nearest one at the weekend.

View more options
Poster

I've done a bit more troubleshooting and established that all of the people who's texts are appearing to originate from Malta or are not being received at all are on the EE network in the UK. Could there be an issue with UK EE to Vodafone Ireland messaging ?

View more options

Hi there,

In order to rule out a SIM card fault, I would recommend that you follow our tech team’s advice and purchase a new SIM card. If you are unable to drop in store, you can order a new SIM card free of charge here. If you continue to experience this issue with your new SIM card, please get in touch with us here and we escalate this matter to our second line tech team.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Hi Ashling,

Thanks for your response.

I am on a corporate account and the link you supplied takes me to Sim cards which I need to pay for, is there an alternative point of contact ?

Do you not think it is strange that the only service provider for which this is happening is EE in the UK ? 

Thanks,

Nick

View more options

If you are registered to a corporate account, I would recommend that you get in touch with your companies account contact directly as they may have access to a supply of Vodafone SIM cards, if they don't have a SIM card available, they can contact our corporate care team directly and request to have a new SIM card set up and posted to you free of charge.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
Did the new sim resolve this issue? I'm currently having the same problem.
View more options
Highlighted
Poster

Hi Jon,

It was actually related to an issue with the UK EE network. They made a change on their side and the problem was resolved. I hope this helps.

Cheers, Nick

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up