Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
From 04.04.19 to 29.04.19 responses may be delayed. To ensure the fastest response to your query, please click here and select your service type, to speak with our live chat team.
Close announcement

Android Devices

My Vodafone App

SOLVED
View solved solution
Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Frequent Poster

I can confirm that I have accepted all access required by the App prior to installation. Is that what you mean by "permissions"?

View more options
Community Expert

@Fedup2wrote:

I can confirm that I have accepted all access required by the App prior to installation. Is that what you mean by "permissions"?

It is indeed - i cant say i remember exactly the settings layout on 5.0, but if you go to settings, apps, and permissions, can you just verify everything is showing as enabled there.

The permissions listed should be

• Contacts
  • Telephone 

Assuming everything checks out there, can you open google play and search for the app, and verify the app version you are seeing on the play store is indeed 4.17 (previous versions are eventually disabled and would display similiar behaviour to what you are describing)

If that is showing as 4.17 - then at that point, i would go down to where it says send email and fire off an email to the developers who can confirm either way to you if there is a known issue with this handset and if they are able to replicate the issue, or not. 

In the case of not, then it would be an issue with your phone, but where to go past that point for troubleshooting the handset itself is beyond me and something the app developers would be in a better position to advise on.

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Frequent Poster

I didn't find Permissions listed anywhere in Settings> Applications, but I was able to confirm that the My Vodafone download I have been accessing is version 4.17. I have sent an email to the developers, asking whether my Samsung J3 2016 is the issue, or not.

View more options
Frequent Poster

I topped up by €20 this morning but got no confirmation text, which I normally do. And just now, I tried to log on to my account through the website, and got the message "This page isn't working", so I don't know what's going on.

View more options
Community Expert

@Fedup2wrote:

I didn't find Permissions listed anywhere in Settings> Applications, but I was able to confirm that the My Vodafone download I have been accessing is version 4.17. I have sent an email to the developers, asking whether my Samsung J3 2016 is the issue, or not.

Cool - it might have been Android 6 where we were given the ability to manually remove permissions etc after the fact.

Fingers crossed the developers can help further

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Community Expert

@Fedup2wrote:

I topped up by €20 this morning but got no confirmation text, which I normally do. And just now, I tried to log on to my account through the website, and got the message "This page isn't working", so I don't know what's going on.

Weird - does the balance show when you dial *174#

Are you on any specific prepay offer that includes data or anything as such?

If so, you might be one of the affected customers of this current issue.

If that is the case, a member of the Vodafone team will be able to make a manual adjustment to keep you going until it is resolved.

Ill leave this here for the forum moderators to look into further - just thought id give you a heads up as to what it might be.

digi-expert.JPG 

View more options
Frequent Poster

Thank you "Digi" for all your help, and "cookie" too. I do appreciate it.

View more options
Frequent Poster

View more options
Frequent Poster

I notice that Carphone Warehouse list Android OS Version as one of "4 MAIN FEATURES" on every phone on their website, but Vodafone don't mention the Android version of any phone on theirs?

Carphone Warehouse see the importance of telling a prospective customer the OS of each phone!

View more options

Hi there,

As I have previously advised "Android OS 5 users are unable to enter the My Vodafone app as this android version is not compatible with our current update but we are working to resolve this issue with our next app update (we do not have an expected launch date for the release of this update)"

Digi and Cookie have offered some solid advice here - although our support staff wouldn't be in a position to talk our customers through every feature and benefit of an individual handset, full handset details can be found through our website prior to purchase. If you have any questions on what is supported on a particular handset, these questions can be directed to our retail staff, Live Chat team, care team on 1907 or through any of our social media channels - Vodafone Community, Twitter, Boards and Facebook.

As a once off goodwill gesture, I have now applied €5 credit to your account.

Thanks,

Ashling

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Community Expert

It does state it:

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung-galaxy-j3-2016-pay-as-you-go-gold

Packs a punch

Android's Lollipop 5.1 operating system with support for HD Voice calling, meaning users will enjoy crystal clear voice quality when using the Vodafone network and provides a more tangible interaction with content responding to your touch in an intuitive way.

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S10 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Frequent Poster

Hands up on that one. It's there as you say "cookie20". Apologies all round. And thank you, Ashling for your gesture of goodwill.

View more options

You're very welcome Smiley Happy

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
src
Poster

I have exactly the same problem.
I have received the sms with 5 euros extra and the app have an error message: PLease note"no peer certificate".

The sms is:

There's €5 free credit waiting for you in the My Vodafone app, courtesy of #FantasticFreebies.  All you have to do is go into the app and click to redeem in the Offers page before 16/01/2019. T&Cs vodafone.ie/terms. Opt out call 1800200234

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up