Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android Devices

Cant send text messages

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I can't send text messages from my phone.  All message attempts are returning error code 38. I can receive texts and make and receive phone calls I just can't send a text message

I put my sim in another phone and was able to send a text message without any issue. I have checked the SMSC number stored in my phone (through *#*#4636#*#*.)  and it is +35387699989. I tried this using 0035387699989, but it made no difference.

I've also restarted the phone several times (every time I have updated or refreshed the SMSC)

Not sure what else to try or how to fix this - would really appreciate some help!

The phone is a Moto G3 running android 6.0.1

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
If the function is working with your SIM card in a different handset, the issue is definitely your phone - we'd recommend dropping it into a store for repair.

Thanks,

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

Thanks Daz, my handset isn't a Vodafone phone, so would the shop still be able to help me?

View more options
Highlighted
Poster
I'm really sorry autocorrected to dad from Daz.
View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

If it's still under warranty, you'd need to contact the retailer you purchased it from for further assistance.
If the warranty isn't in place, a Vodafone store may still be able to send the device to a repair centre, but there may be a cost involved in fixing it.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster
I can't send text messages from my phone, attempt several times but it shows error code 50. Please solve my problem.
View more options

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in responding. If you private message (via the link in my signature) over the below info, we can look into this for you?

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

Link to your thread or post:

Thanks,

Heather.

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up