Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android Devices

Cannot Make Calls From Abroad

Products and Services FAQs

Products & Services FAQs

Poster

I cannot make calls, although I can recieve calls. I have been having the problem for some weeks now. I have Live chated with many moderators and spoken to a technician who called me but the problem persists. 

I am a ready to go customer. I have over 23 euros on my account (although there was issues where I was topping up and it was not showing on my account, which has now been resolved). Following the call from the technician on the 2 December where I followed her instructions fully, and where I could send texts message, I now can´t even send these, although I can recieve them. I had been informed previously that my offer of Unlimited Vodafone to Vodafone Calls and texts plus 250mb of data will expire on the 14/12/2018. I had spoken to the moderators on live chat about this and they said that it was resolved only for me to receive a text yesterday saying it would expire on the 14th. 

I am currently in Spain and I am unable to talk to my family in Ireland by phone. I have followed all the instructions from the moderators and techicians and I have money on my account but I cannot make calls or texts.  I know it is not an issue with the international codes because I have been using them for years, (00353 = Ireland, while removing the 0 from 087 when calling and similar 0034 = Spain). I was told the expirary date on my offer would be extended but clearly not.

Can someone please help and sort this out because it has been going on for weeks and by the reading the comments, there has been others with similar problems in the las few weeks

View more options
12 REPLIES
Valued Poster
Hi there,

What roaming plan did you enroll in?
View more options
Community Expert

You may need a new sim. How old is yours?

Cookie
Vodafone Community Expert (or so I'm told) and S9 owner. I don't work for Vodafone
View more options
Poster

My roaming plan is Vodafone Red Roaming unlimited calls and texts back to Ireland as well as numbers within the country i´m visiting and a daily allowance of 200mb

View more options
Poster

The sim card is only new, I have it for some weeks now

View more options

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delay in responding to your query. Could you please send us a PM with the below details and we can take a further look into this for you. 

Mobile number:

Address:

Date of birth:

A link to this thread/Post:

Thanks,

Ailís

Learn all about our new forum, right here .
To send me a private message, simply click here
Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

I have sent a PM with the  requested details now

View more options
Poster

It has been 3 days since I sent a PM with the information she required to a vodafone  rep. I am still waiting for a response from her on a solution to the problems I am experiencing. Although I should not be too surprised as It was 5 days before she sent a response requesting my personal details. Not to mention 5 weeks since I encountered this problem and dealing with many live chat moderators and technicians. Great customer service

Can someone in Vodafone please help or am I to escalate to making a complaint then on to comreg and the EU Ombudsman before I am provided with a solution

View more options
Valued Poster
Send a PM with the information to @Liam @Daz @Aoife @Ashling or @Heather.
View more options
Poster

Thank you.  I have done this now

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,
I've responded to your PM.

Thanks,

Please include a link to your thread when sending these over - due to the volume of queries, PMs without a thread link will not be answered.
View more options
Poster

It works, Thank you very much. I am very Grateful

View more options
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know.

View more options
Top Contributors
my-vodafonemenufacebooktwittercommunityclosechevron-downchevron-up